Hamilton said the baseball program is gonna become relevant soon

We can only hope....but then again, Hammy said it, so I won't hold my breath.

it is a sign. this is the beginning of the end of useless. hammy, i really believe will axe raleigh very soon after the season ends. this program deserves better and i really believe mike will do the right thing. :clapping: :clapping: :dance2: :dance2:

A few minutes later, he stated that he was going to fire himself. I have little reason to put too much stock in either statement.

I'll believe it when I see it.....a "diamond in the rough" hire isn't going to cut it. He needs to ok.y up and get a real coach

from the loser. He is trying his best to ruin UT and everything the athletic programs stand for, get rid of the idiot now!

Last edited:
ya i'm sure if we hired Pete Rose that would bring some attention to the baseball program.

It is unprofessional for him to tweet insinuating that change will be made. Just do it...don't tweet it....it makes you sound like a vagina

It is unprofessional for him to tweet insinuating that change will be made. Just do it...don't tweet it....it makes you sound like a vagina

I don't think he's leaving Todd hanging. I think he's already told him it's over and to play out the string.

I don't think Todd has/had any misconceptions after the Vanderbilt series that he was coming back.

BTW, I'm not celebrating when the announcement is made on Sunday. Sacking the current coach is only 25% of the "job". Hiring the right guy is far more important.

I hope I am not misreading the Tweet's intent and thinking Todd has already found a replacement. If he has then he has hired a coach that is currently unemployed or inexperienced. Neither one of those options appeals to me at all.

Nothing about his response gave any idication that he will be making a change. It could simply mean that he believes the Baseball team is about to turn a corner.

The pattern continues... Didn't handle the Fulmer firing well, didn't handle the Pearl firing well, now not handling the Raleigh firing well. He doesn't learn.

The pattern continues... Didn't handle the Fulmer firing well, didn't handle the Pearl firing well, now not handling the Raleigh firing well. He doesn't learn.

Well, it's what happens when you hire a dork with an MBA to run Athletics. He has no clue what playing sports is even like.

(And I completely agree with you)

Well, it's what happens when you hire a dork with an MBA to run Athletics. He has no clue what playing sports is even like.

(And I completely agree with you)

Yeah, lets hire some ex-head coach because he knows how to play better. LOL

The Fulmer firing went the way Fulmer wanted it, not Hamilton. The Pearl firing was fine. He had no choice. I would like to hear how it could have been different.

There are very few posters who have an understanding of the AD's role and the fact that he doesn't have unilateral power to hire and fire certain high level coaching positions

VN Store

Back