Vols Fall 15-5 in Series Finale at LSU

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Tennessee junior Charley Thurber continued his hot weekend at the plate, knocking in three runs on a pair of hits and stealing a career-best two bases, but it wasn't enough as LSU pulled away late to claim a 15-5 victory over the Volunteers on Sunday afternoon at Alex Box Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

terrible team and coach. hopefully, only 8 more days and we can start looking for a new coach and bring in some new players.

terrible team and coach. hopefully, only 8 more days and we can start looking for a new coach and bring in some new players.

Hope we first start looking for a new AD. How can anyone have any confidence in any hire Hamilton would make ?

I think most of us shared this sentiment last season, and doofus gave him a contract extension. I'm not getting my hopes up until Hammy decides to man up and fire him. My only concern is that Hammy will hire a new one just like him before he's let go himself after the 'AA hearings in June. And I do hope that Hamilton gets shown the door after or before these hearings.

"We got behind early in the first inning, made a couple of tough errors and we could have laid down, but we didn't"

"We came back and got in the game, responded with two, tied it up and then actually took the lead in the fifth."

I love TR....he brings it after EVERY game

"We got behind early in the first inning, made a couple of tough errors and we could have laid down, but we didn't"

"We came back and got in the game, responded with two, tied it up and then actually took the lead in the fifth."

I love TR....he brings it after EVERY game

How sad that TR actually thinks leading in the fifth in a game the Vols lost 15-5 is a positive.

It's too bad games are 9 innings.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If only I had a brain, if only I had a brain, if only I had a brain. Are we in Kansas yet?

- Todd Raleigh -

I think most of us shared this sentiment last season, and doofus gave him a contract extension. I'm not getting my hopes up until Hammy decides to man up and fire him. My only concern is that Hammy will hire a new one just like him before he's let go himself after the 'AA hearings in June. And I do hope that Hamilton gets shown the door after or before these hearings.

Are you kidding me? :eek:hmy:

Just another bad year, under a bad coach.

Did I say bad? What I meant to say was Bad, with a capital B.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There's one good thing about this baseball team; it makes our latest football and basketball teams look not too shabby.

This is the worst baseball team I can remember UT ever having. They could do better with walk-ons.

This is the worst baseball team I can remember UT ever having. They could do better with walk-ons.

Its not the team Big T, its the Head Coaching or lack of it, intimidation, degradation and threats never to see the field again.. after a while tends to mess with anyones head and last time I checked really were not proven coaching techniques....the boys have plenty of talent..

tennessee is not a traditional baseball power like texas or l.s.u., but tennessee is still tennessee. its facilities, fan support, and financial backing are among the best in any athletic field. that being said, it is incredible that the head coach of any sport at u.t. could produce four year results like raleigh has and still have a job. yet, i have not heard the faintest indication from the athletic director that he is either aware or gives a damn as to the critical condition of this program. i think its time we asked why that is.

tennessee is not a traditional baseball power like texas or l.s.u., but tennessee is still tennessee. its facilities, fan support, and financial backing are among the best in any athletic field. that being said, it is incredible that the head coach of any sport at u.t. could produce four year results like raleigh has and still have a job. yet, i have not heard the faintest indication from the athletic director that he is either aware or gives a damn as to the critical condition of this program. i think its time we asked why that is.

Because Hamilton does not give a rats ass about the players or the program.

And these young men will never develop or flourish under Raleigh. Playing at UT or any SEC school is a big deal..but these young men were duped. Hey Todd the only way you will be successful is if you help others be successful...Oh wait a minute that is a facet of true coaching...forget it that wont happen.

My favorite quote was "We had them on the ropes." Really? If Raleigh were on the high school level (where he seems to belong) they would have been run ruled. I guess we had Oregon on the ropes last year according to Raleigh's logic.

VN Store

Back