Vols Split Mid-Week Series with MTSU, Fall 12-3

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The Tennessee baseball team tied its season high with three home runs, but it wasn't enough after Middle Tennessee State jumped out to a double-digit lead in the first three innings en route to a 12-3 triumph that split the mid-week home-and-home series on a muggy Wednesday night at Reese Smith, Jr. Field in Murfreesboro.

More...

Discuss.

Over the last 10 games, the vols have been outscored 94-32, winning just 1 game, the previous MTSU game.

Good news, all that's left are the cellar dwellars from the west, LSU and Auburn with Belmont in between. There's still a chance we can get to double digit wins in the SEC.

"Obviously, we didn't get off to a good start, but the kids didn't quit," UT Head Coach Todd Raleigh said. "They battled at the plate all night, played pretty good defense and the bullpen was good. We had a couple of freshman pitchers struggle in the first couple of innings and got behind quick. It's hard to come back from that, but I thought we fought all night and even had some good at-bats in the ninth.

Pretty sure it was 3 up 3 down, with the last pitch being a called strike in the ninth, but I admit I wasn't paying close attention.

"Obviously, we didn't get off to a good start, but the kids didn't quit," UT Head Coach Todd Raleigh said. "They battled at the plate all night, played pretty good defense and the bullpen was good. We had a couple of freshman pitchers struggle in the first couple of innings and got behind quick. It's hard to come back from that, but I thought we fought all night and even had some good at-bats in the ninth.

Pretty sure it was 3 up 3 down, with the last pitch being a called strike in the ninth, but I admit I wasn't paying close attention.

Typical ...TR he has an imagination. I think he daydreams of butterflies.:loco:

yeah i'm not going to get my hopes up. with Hammy in office it wouldn't surprise me at how much longer this :crazy: hangs around

let's put it like this, if he isn't fired, i am done with this team as long as he is here. no going to games, no looking on gametracker, no watching on tv or anything to do with the team. if hammy looks at this site any at all, he knows how all of vol nation feels about this jerk !!

Over the last 10 games, the vols have been outscored 94-32, winning just 1 game, the previous MTSU game.

And after winning that one game, then proceeded to get the holy cr*p kicked out of them by that same MTSU team, ending the Raiders' seven-game losing streak.

And after winning that one game, then proceeded to get the holy cr*p kicked out of them by that same MTSU team, ending the Raiders' seven-game losing streak.

Yeah, I wasn't going to go there. But...since you cracked the door...We shouldn't lose to that team EVER, but MTSU has only won 12 games THIS SEASON(i think).

All I can say is thank God for the Lady Vols. This has been one darn hard year to be a Vol fan.

You know who's being gauged?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Haven't been able to verify for 100 %sure on every one. Lots of rumors floating around, though. Tough to decipher which is which at this point. But I am 100% sure that there's a lot of work being done under the radar at this point.

Haven't been able to verify for 100 %sure on every one. Lots of rumors floating around, though. Tough to decipher which is which at this point. But I am 100% sure that there's a lot of work being done under the radar at this point.

I'll stop digging. No name dropping is cool with me. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll stop digging. No name dropping is cool with me. Thanks for the heads-up.

There has been a somewhat common theme of pro baseball among the one's rumored. Which makes sense with the timing.

I'll vouch.

There has been some interest gauging going on on the behalf of the AD.

It's extremely preliminary interest gauging. Nothing open and up front.

Several people have openly expressed interest and contacted the AD and administrators with plans, staff possibilities, etc. and those have NOT been well received out of respect to our current staff. I have been told that two of the people that have expressed heavy interest will not be considered because of the way they have solicited the job.

Several people have openly expressed interest and contacted the AD and administrators with plans, staff possibilities, etc. and those have NOT been well received out of respect to our current staff. I have been told that two of the people that have expressed heavy interest will not be considered because of the way they have solicited the job.

That's interesting.

the gauging is preliminary, but has been ongoing for a good bit from what I can gather.

the gauging is preliminary, but has been ongoing for a good bit from what I can gather.

The question is, are the people doing the gauging the people that will be involved in making the decision? Getting mixed signals on that one.

VN Store

Back