UT President

vol in dixie

pandemonia reigns
...needs to man up and fire Mike Hamilton.

there is much chatter to fire Raleigh, and i agree. he needs to go. however, the root of the problem should go as well.

Raleigh would have been fire years ago had Mike Hamilton not given an unproven coach from an unheard of program a 5 year deal to start his career at UT. You don't have to be a great AD to understand that concept.

Now we are stuck with a horrible coach that we cannot afford to fire because of his buy out. I thought Hamilton was a great fundraiser? Why can't he come up with funds to get him bought out then? If Raleigh is not fired this year, that proves that our athletic dept. cannot dish out the funds to replace him. which is very sad. it is sad that UT athletics have been mediocre at best under Mike Hamilton. we are Tennessee; we should not ever have to settle for mediocrity. especially in sports that we have had previous success in (remember, UT baseball did go to a College World Series in 2005).

There is no reason why UT's President should allow Hamilton to make any more mistakes as an AD.

Last edited:
My guess is that they want MH around when the NCAA comes around in June. I think they want him to face the music and answer questions from the NCAA regarding our current situation. Depending on how that does, MH may or may not be fired. We'll see.

My guess is that they want MH around when the NCAA comes around in June. I think they want him to face the music and answer questions from the NCAA regarding our current situation. Depending on how that does, MH may or may not be fired. We'll see.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last edited:

I would think the opposite to be true. It's better to face the NCAA having "corrected" your problems, which includes getting rid of the trouble makers. Why have the face of your problems represent you? Just look at USC. Like them, we have plenty of reasons to fire our AD - no adverse NCAA finding needed to put the nail in his coffin.

Fire everybody. Clean house. That way we win the NC in every sport including the new tiddly winks team.

I want MH fired as much as anyone, but I don't think it will happen. It's all about the $$$.

With that said, I rally am an advocate for co-AD. Hamilton managers fundraisers/expansions/upgrades/etc. The other AD (agrees with hamilton on $$) then makes the hires, fires, and is more of the "figurehead".

Kind of like Finance AD and Personnel AD. Just a rambling thought on a Sunday morning.

I want MH fired as much as anyone, but I don't think it will happen. It's all about the $$$.

With that said, I rally am an advocate for co-AD. Hamilton managers fundraisers/expansions/upgrades/etc. The other AD (agrees with hamilton on $$) then makes the hires, fires, and is more of the "figurehead".

Kind of like Finance AD and Personnel AD. Just a rambling thought on a Sunday morning.

You are correct it is about money.Hamilton said years age he was going to run the athletic dept as a business. The only way to bring about change is to hit Hamilton in the pocketbook. If UT fans would get together and quit donating money, buying UT merchandise and going to games UT WILL fire Hamilton. This is the only way fans can make a difference. Do not let people make you believe that you are not supporting UT. You are supporting UT by helping to get rid of a man that is making men's athletics mediocre at UT at best.

by not supporting UT athletics because of the AD is punishing to the student athletes. not to mention it's hard to convince high school athletes to come play for a program where the fans do not fully support their teams.

It's not their fault our AD sucks. If our president and board of trustees care anything about our university and student athletes they will replace Hamilton.

Mike Hamilton has done more to wreck UT athletics than anyone ever. He is a walking accident, NCAA probes, bad hires, losing teams quite a freakin resume.

Raleigh is fired...

If the OP does not know that 5 years was due to Delmonico and the APR monster he created you know nothing about the baseball program and should learn to shut your mouth. You are like one of those people who talks about the Middle East at parties dispensing wisdom about how Israel should just work to get along with those Arabs and let them have their land back.

the only humorous thought i can get out of this is wondering which athletic department would snap him up if he got his well deserved pink slip from u.t.

You know very little about ADs if you think that Hamilton would not command big $$$ somewhere else based on his resume.

The man has been one of the top 10 ADs as a fundraiser in the country and he has not done it off of one guy like the Okie State or Oregon ADs.

The most natural fit would obviously be Clemson.

I think that those who tout Mr. Hamilton's fundraising prowess miss the point. We should be better because of the money, not worse. I don't know that all the money in the world should overshadow the fact that the three major men's sports were under NCAA investigation and the the two biggies are going into the penalty phase in June. That happened under his watch with the coaches he hired.

I may not know everything there is to know about the job, but it doesn't seem like a slam dunk to hire MH at another school.

You know very little about ADs if you think that Hamilton would not command big $$$ somewhere else based on his resume.

The man has been one of the top 10 ADs as a fundraiser in the country and he has not done it off of one guy like the Okie State or Oregon ADs.

The most natural fit would obviously be Clemson.

There's more to being a quality AD than passing the plate around the room.

If Pickens or Knight woke up tomorrow and had the bank account of our top 3 boosters combined, they would jump off a bridge.

Hammy has shown a consistent ability to make horrible administrative decisions. That includes outsourcing his own decisions.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maintaining a respectable graduation rates, keeping student-athletes out of trouble, fundraising, winning and staying in compliance with the NCAA are just some of the criteria by which athletics directors should be judged. As I see it MH only has a flair for fundraising....we need more...it is well past time to find another AD.

VN Store

Back