In Other news

SouthTexasVOL

In others news, another stellar performance for Todd and his boys. 16-5 loss, Geeeee

Its plumb embarrassing that is solely put on coaching!

Just like his players TR is mailing it in now anyway. He knows he's headed back to high school.

That ole TR just keeps on impressing.I hope no other school comes after him.

We talk about Raleigh's days being numbered but we have to realize there are lot off guys on this team (poor coaching or not) who are simply not SEC-caliber players.

Sure Todd's personality, skills and resume could hardly attract such players; but any coach we hire will have to take a hard look at this roster and tell a few guys that they are best served at Div 2 or 2 level.

If we are going to have any actually (not moral) success in 2012 then the 2012 team will have to be made up of quite a few freshmen and transfers. If this roster comes back intact in 2012 with a better HC and staff, we are only going to have a few more wins.

We talk about Raleigh's days being numbered but we have to realize there are lot off guys on this team (poor coaching or not) who are simply not SEC-caliber players.

Sure Todd's personality, skills and resume could hardly attract such players; but any coach we hire will have to take a hard look at this roster and tell a few guys that they are best served at Div 2 or 2 level.

If we are going to have any actually (not moral) success in 2012 then the 2012 team will have to be made up of quite a few freshmen and transfers. If this roster comes back intact in 2012 with a better HC and staff, we are only going to have a few more wins.

Among returning position players next year, Osbourne, Toles and Bennett are SEC-caliber guys. A good hitting coach could probably make Thurber and Fritts improve enough at the plate to go along with their already good defense. You don't have anybody to play the corners and the returning pitching is a HUGE concern, but the right coach will get the team to at least Hoover next year.

Duffy and Norfork are the best players on the team this year and will be missed terribly.

Among returning position players next year, Osbourne, Toles and Bennett are SEC-caliber guys. A good hitting coach could probably make Thurber and Fritts improve enough at the plate to go along with their already good defense. You don't have anybody to play the corners and the returning pitching is a HUGE concern, but the right coach will get the team to at least Hoover next year.

Duffy and Norfork are the best players on the team this year and will be missed terribly.

If the above is true.... we're in more trouble than most think....

You know the season is bad when it draws this guy's first post ever to talk about the season.

Hamiliton needs to go period. TR should resign and give back his next year salary, of course you know he won't. I really don' want Hamiliton to make the next hire.

I disagree. The only pitching we should lose is Gruver and we should be getting Hillis and Ramsey back, with a stronger Jon Reed. The pitching should be about the same, if not a tad better.

Davis Morgan will play one corner infield spot, and would benefit greatly with a coach other than Raleigh.

I disagree. The only pitching we should lose is Gruver and we should be getting Hillis and Ramsey back, with a stronger Jon Reed. The pitching should be about the same, if not a tad better.

Davis Morgan will play one corner infield spot, and would benefit greatly with a coach other than Raleigh.

Ramsey is gone..IMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'd smite thee like a Philistine as I have right on my side :hi:

Hey fryedaddy, several people on here have said Burke has expressed interest in the job, and he's gone so far as to line-up a potential staff. Would Burke be a bigger gamble than TR was four years ago? I've never met him or asked anyone that has spent any significant time with him. This isn't an endorsement. Just asking. (of course I'm assuming TR is gone.)

I know how you feel about hiring a UT person simply because of ties to the school.

If Hammy is still here in July, will he go after someone like Serrano? Is he willing to get his big-boy checkbook out this time?

In others news, another stellar performance for Todd and his boys. 16-5 loss, Geeeee

Its plumb embarrassing that is solely put on coaching!

I just went back and did the math, that made 55 runs given up in 4 games. That's a staff ERA of 13.75 for that span... wow.

Hey fryedaddy, several people on here have said Burke has expressed interest in the job, and he's gone so far as to line-up a potential staff. Would Burke be a bigger gamble than TR was four years ago? I've never met him or asked anyone that has spent any significant time with him. This isn't an endorsement. Just asking. (of course I'm assuming TR is gone.)

I know how you feel about hiring a UT person simply because of ties to the school.

If Hammy is still here in July, will he go after someone like Serrano? Is he willing to get his big-boy checkbook out this time?

How could he put an experienced staff together? If the rumours were true his staff would be people in similar positions and backgrounds as he.

Why take a chance on an alumnus with no experience.

San Diego State did this with the legend Tony Gwynn and it's been a complete failure.

How could he put an experienced staff together? If the rumours were true his staff would be people in similar positions and backgrounds as he.

San Diego State did this with the legend Tony Gwynn and it's been a complete failure.

So get someone with experience, and success.

Do you think Hammy is willing to throw money at a proven winner?

Do you think Hammy is willing to throw money at a proven winner?

Even in a perceived "minor" sport like baseball, do you not think he needs a big time baseball coach to prove he's willing to try something different.

He was unable to attract any big name guys for his last four "Big-3" hires (Raleigh, Martin, Dooley, Kiffin) in that we did not hire a guy that other schools were clamoring for.

Let's face it, it should be easier to steal a school's baseball coach than basketball or football coach. So why not do it. At least make the baseball fans and supporters happy.

A $600k per year baseball coach would be the equivalent of a $4mil football or basketball coach. So in spending less money you at least look like an AD with some freakin' Jeremy Foley gravitas.

Even in a perceived "minor" sport like baseball, do you not think he needs a big time baseball coach to prove he's willing to try something different.

He was unable to attract any big name guys for his last four "Big-3" hires (Raleigh, Martin, Dooley, Kiffin) in that we did not hire a guy that other schools were clamoring for.

Let's face it, it should be easier to steal a school's baseball coach than basketball or football coach. So why not do it. At least make the baseball fans and supporters happy.

A $600k per year baseball coach would be the equivalent of a $4mil football or basketball coach. So in spending less money you at least look like an AD with some freakin' Jeremy Foley gravitas.

I can't find a list of coaches salaries. I wonder where 600K would rank.

Foley certainly got the better part of the Leggett Legacy,

I can't find a list of coaches salaries. I wonder where 600K would rank.

Foley certainly got the better part of the Leggett Legacy,

There are about 5 coaches around $600k but that does not necessarily include performances bonuses or camp income.

Rumor is that Manieri at LSU likely grosses around $1 million. (and where did that get LSU this season:loco: )

VN Store

Back