UT Rally Falls Short as UGA Evens Series

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
A three-run home run by Davis Morgan in the bottom of the ninth wasn't quite enough for the Vols as Georgia evened the series with an 8-6 victory on Saturday.
BOX SCORE

More...

Discuss.

Once again Raleigh's coaching snafu loses a game. With the Vols still in the game , losing 5 to 3, Vol pitcher Jon Reed had pitched an excellent game in relief and Raleigh pulled him with 2 outs in the top of the 9th inning. The next pitcher came in and gave up a 3 run home run to make the score 8-3 going to the bottom of the 9th. Vols almost rallied scoring 3 runs. What if, Raleigh had left Reed in for that one last out in the top of the 9th??? Vols probably would have won 6-5. Fans were not too happy (I was at the game) Raleigh must be fired immediately!!

Once again Raleigh's coaching snafu loses a game. With the Vols still in the game , losing 5 to 3, Vol pitcher Jon Reed had pitched an excellent game in relief and Raleigh pulled him with 2 outs in the top of the 9th inning. The next pitcher came in and gave up a 3 run home run to make the score 8-3 going to the bottom of the 9th. Vols almost rallied scoring 3 runs. What if, Raleigh had left Reed in for that one last out in the top of the 9th??? Vols probably would have won 6-5. Fans were not too happy (I was at the game) Raleigh must be fired immediately!!

Hindsight=20/20
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What's our Sec and overall record now ??? Don't get much Vol BB down here in GA...

That's weak. Saberhagen actually pitched to a lefty and produced a sharp groundball off Norfolk' glove. Godley had the next batter 0-2 and made a bad pitch.
Not on Raleigh this time...

That's weak. Saberhagen actually pitched to a lefty and produced a sharp groundball off Norfolk' glove. Godley had the next batter 0-2 and made a bad pitch.
Not on Raleigh this time...

Seriously?? OK, I guess we'll just say the past 4 seasons of pathetic baseball is on Raleigh , though, correct? Anybody that can actually support this guy is a Raleigh sheep to the nth degree. Worst coach in college baseball!

Give me one good reason why you take out a pitcher that has given up 1 hit in 4 2/3 innings with two outs in the 9th??

jersey-shores-mike-the-situation-sorrentino-self-proclaimed-king-reality-tv.jpg
If it works, we're not having this conversation. Do you think Georgia plays the bottom half the same with a two-run lead? We'll never know because it never happened.

Last edited:
jersey-shores-mike-the-situation-sorrentino-self-proclaimed-king-reality-tv.jpg
If it works, we're not having this conversation. Do you think Georgia plays the bottom half the same with a two-run lead? We'll never know because it never happened.

Addressing the SPECIFIC situation at the game.

I would bet UGA puts their closer in at 5-3...

I'm not sure we would have won the game, but I am sure about the fact that Raleigh needs to go.

VN Store

Back