not trying to be Mr negavol but.....

dougvolfan

We have lost 6 in a row. We have been out scored 39-9 with three shutouts and a loss at home to Presbyterian. I personally do not care about the power of Florida or South Carolina. We suck badly and Raleigh's time is up. If we suck much more ( as in no chance in hell of postseason and are a cellar dweller) I would pull the plug before the season ends.

I agree. I want to see Tennessee baseball playing in the post season again. Has there been any improvement shown in Raleigh's time here?

Another bad hire by Hamilton. It is funny how that Hamilton came in and fired all the hires that Doug Dickey made. Firing Delmonico was a huge mistake. People need to write the UT president and let them know about their dissatisfaction with Hamilton and that he needs to be fired.

i think his overall record in now 100 wins and 98 losses. i may be off a loss or two, but no there has been no improvement in his 4 years. the sec record (which was what got rod delmonico fired ) is simply awful !!!

Raleigh does need to go but we were no better with delmonico. He was competitive 1 out of 4-5 years. His last team had 2 1st roun picks and was no good. I remember the good years (Helton, trammel, etc) after that it seemed they only had a good year when his contact was about to expire.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Watched the game on ESPNU Thursday night and was appalled at many things.
* Lack of overall size and ability of our players. No consistent long ball threat.
* Inability to score with runners in scoring position again and again.
* Head coach Raleigh honestly looked like he was in over his head. Looked like he was ready for the season to end.

Time to move in another direction. Don't try to save money on the next hire and find a coach with some enthusiasm.

This has to be the end of the road for him. He's spun his wheels and made no progress long enough.

We have lost 6 in a row. We have been out scored 39-9 with three shutouts and a loss at home to Presbyterian. I personally do not care about the power of Florida or South Carolina. We suck badly and Raleigh's time is up. If we suck much more ( as in no chance in hell of postseason and are a cellar dweller) I would pull the plug before the season ends.

Tennessee has a baseball team?

how many days until kickoff?:loco:

Why does this guy get to keep making the calls? Fire him! If he make's the hire it will be another under the radar hire!

Raleigh does need to go but we were no better with delmonico. He was competitive 1 out of 4-5 years. His last team had 2 1st roun picks and was no good. I remember the good years (Helton, trammel, etc) after that it seemed they only had a good year when his contact was about to expire.

Raleigh has yet to have a single good year. Delmonico wins by default. The team just sucks.

We start competing for a lower tier bowl in September. Men's athletics are in great shape at UT.

At least it looks like the football program will actually be in the postseason. The fightin' Todd Raleigh's on the other hand......:bad:

Not that I am a TR fan by no means but firing Rod was exactly the right thing to do!

At least it looks like the football program will actually be in the postseason. The fightin' Todd Raleigh's on the other hand......:bad:

Making the postseason in football is hardly an accomplishment anymore. Though the BaseVols should at least be making the SECT.

Not that I am a TR fan by no means but firing Rod was exactly the right thing to do!

CRD was inconsistent and his teams had a poor APR- firing him wasn't necessarily a bad decision. Replacing him with Raleigh was.
CTR obviously did something to show enough promise for Hammy to hire him-he may even do well at his next stop- but he is as bad a fit as UT baseball coach as Billy Gillespie was as UK basketball coach.

Tennessee as a university needs to seriously re-evaluate their situation as a whole and their athletic department. I watched the baseball game Thursday and Saturday and they have very talented ball players just no guidance and support.s

anybody ever consider signing him to one year contracts?

Tennessee as a university needs to seriously re-evaluate their situation as a whole and their athletic department. I watched the baseball game Thursday and Saturday and they have very talented ball players just no guidance and support.s

Sadly the talent isn't there either. There are some guys who belong at this level. But for the majority we're outclassed and it isn't even close.

VN Store

Back