The Official Hire Chris Burke Thread.

hatvol96

UT baseball needs to be creative to be competitive. Tradition and weather aren't on our side. I say try a young guy not far removed from the big leagues to give the program a lift. Nobody is going to give a damn if Tennessee hires some no name, run of the mill college game lifer.

Interesting idea. Tennessee would be better served staying away from the small college types on their next go around.

he would crawl to Knoxville for the job and has said as much. i think he could be very successful here.

Helton come back. or hire Barry bonds we seem to love the liar coaching.:)

Chris graduated a year behind me in high school. I can't describe how shocked I was to go to the VN home page and see that Hat started a thread asking for him to be hired as head coach. 'Shocked' as in 'Wow.' I'm not knocking the idea.

Rick Honeycutt would be interested in the position as well...

Hasn't Basilio been preaching this for about 2 years?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Burke and Honeycutt are the two names that I have heard dropped. I think either of these could become a reality.

As long as Hamilton is here, we will hire some guy from a place like Coastal Carolina or something like that.

Gary Gilmore of Coastal Carolina has had a pretty good program the last few years actually. Not saying that I'd hire him but it wouldn't be the worst hire.

Hamilton is incompetent , what makes anyone on here think he will hire good baseball coach. Hamilton needs to be replaced first.

I thought you were talking about " Corky " on "Life Goes On"

lol

I love that old ditty!

life-goes-on-the-complete-first-season-20070404035933045-000.jpg

I like the idea. My first phone call is to Pat Murphy, though. If he declines, then you give Burke the keys.

I wouldn't mind possibly seeing Eddie Perez givin a shot at some place. Do u guys think it will more than likely be the minors?

Burke, Honeycutt or Garner seem like good choices, with a lean to Garner because of his managerial experience.

My fear is that Hamilton might be looking in a more affordable direction if he is still AD (which it looks like, for the foreseeable future he will be) at the end of the baseball season.

Burke, Honeycutt or Garner seem like good choices, with a lean to Garner because of his managerial experience.

My fear is that Hamilton might be looking in a more affordable direction if he is still AD (which it looks like, for the foreseeable future he will be) at the end of the baseball season.

Burke would be a great option if price is the number one factor.

Virtually all of the names given on this thread are upgrades over CTR.

It's one thing to be a bad "Xs and Os" coach. but when you're a bad human being on top of it, then there is really no excuse to keep him until the end of the season like UT is prone to do. Plus, since Toad has been careful to only hire Yes Men as assistants, then there is no one on staff ready to step up and lead the team these last 30 games or so.

The other Chris "Corky" Burke is at least a good guy and could do similar to what Todd Raleigh is doing now.

yeah, he needs to resign today, his days are numbered. call chris burke to finish the season, and then sign him to a 4 year deal !! raleigh really is a dire human being !!

VN Store

Back