Tennessee Vols vs North Carolina Ashville Bulldogs

Ok... whats the problem ? Haven't been around the Baseball forum for a minute or two...
Did we have injuries, did we schedule weak early season opponents, are we weak defensively up the middle, or can we not hit, run, or produce ?
In short I need some context without doing the research myself....

Ok... whats the problem ? Haven't been around the Baseball forum for a minute or two...
Did we have injuries, did we schedule weak early season opponents, are we weak defensively up the middle, or can we not hit, run, or produce ?
In short I need some context without doing the research myself....

The problem right now is failure to win division games. For the last two weeks it's been the same problem. Lose on Friday putting them in 0-1 hole, win on Saturday, but then on Sunday they can't produce enough runs.
This last Sunday was the worst ever with the Vols getting shut out.
In the UK Wildcats game one they had a lead but failed to continue to produce runs. In Game one vs the Rebels they kept it a scoreless game but against one of the best pitchers they could not get enough runs. In both game ones they had innings where they gave up to many runs.

Ok .... sounds like a rotation issue with the Starting Pitching.... also continues into an inability to remain aggresive at the plate, and a poor Bull Pen.... Sounds like we're not a very good team. Maybe we could cover our faults by playing more "small ball" earlier in the game, if we play like we need every run then we will be more apt not to make mistakes.... or the added pressure will further comprimise our innept relievers...
Bro...where's Hobock ????

Ok .... sounds like a rotation issue with the Starting Pitching.... also continues into an inability to remain aggresive at the plate, and a poor Bull Pen.... Sounds like we're not a very good team. Maybe we could cover our faults by playing more "small ball" earlier in the game, if we play like we need every run then we will be more apt not to make mistakes.... or the added pressure will further comprimise our innept relievers...
Bro...where's Hobock ????

They leave to many guys on the bases in the SEC games they lose. Hard to beat non cupcake teams when you leave more than half of guys on the bases.
They need to score more than 4 runs in the SEC games. In the two SEC games they have won they have scored more than 4 runs.
This team for one game can play terrific but then for the other two games play like New Orleans, Manhattan and the other cupcake teams they face.

They leave to many guys on the bases in the SEC games they lose. Hard to beat non cupcake teams when you leave more than half of guys on the bases.
They need to score more than 4 runs in the SEC games. In the two SEC games they have won they have scored more than 4 runs.
This team for one game can play terrific but then for the other two games play like New Orleans, Manhattan and the other cupcake teams they face.

Your paintbrush has a broad stroke. A player can't be judged on fifty at bats. A pitcher can't be judged on three appearances, and this team certainly can't be categorized by six SEC games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Your paintbrush has a broad stroke. A player can't be judged on fifty at bats. A pitcher can't be judged on three appearances, and this team certainly can't be categorized by six SEC games.

I'm not saying it's hopeless but I don't think the Vols are going to have a winning record in the SEC if they don't score more than 4 runs.
Positive news is no team is so far ahead in the SEC East, and they can still play better.
Also they will be playing the teams they need to get ahead for the next 2 weeks the Gators, and the Gamecocks.
Not the best spot with two SEC wins but could be worse LSU who has won only one SEC game right now.

Last edited:
I'm not saying it's hopeless but I don't think the Vols are going to have a winning record in the SEC if they don't score more than 4 runs.

There hasn't been this much flip-flopping in one sentence since the time John Kerry worked the grill at the Waffle House.

Actually they can. It's not like the SEC schedule is going to get easier.

The rest of the schedule has NOTHING to do with the first six SEC games.

Although I agree, there are still the same problems hanging over this team/staff. At some point it's going to have to click, or no?

VN Store

Back