Bennett Blasts Two More as Vols Cruise Past Alabama A&M, 9-1, for Eighth Straight Win

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Freshman Ethan Bennett launched a grand slam and a solo shot to give him four home runs in the last three games as the Tennessee baseball team cruised to a rain-shortened 11-1 victory over Alabama A&M on Tuesday afternoon at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. The win is the Volunteers' eighth straight and gives them a 14-2 record at the end of their season-opening 16-game homestand.

More...

Discuss.

A fantastic win for the Vols to finish their first 16 games at home at 14-2.
Bennet and the Vols continue to hit home runs. Can they do it on the road tommorow in their first road game of the season.

Who we got tm??

Tommorow Austin Peary that is 8-6, and on the weekend the Wildcats.
I don't think we will be ranked if we beat the Wildcats 2 out of 3 or a sweep because they lost to the University of Illinois Chicago, and Middle Tennessee State.

It's not a bad thing if we aren't ranked because skeptics could say they are pretenders they can't beat the big dogs in the SEC Florida,Vandy, South Carolina, LSU, etc.

I also hope they fly under the radar for awhile. The pressure will hit soon enough when they go against the better teams in the SEC. We will then see if this lightweight early season schedule was beneficial or not.

Great start to the season.....I just hope they can keep it up

The Gamecocks lost to Furman.
Still a lot of baseball left but each time the top dogs Vandy,South Carolina, and Florida is a positive for the Vols because those are the teams the Vols will be competing with in the SEC East division to finish in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

I know we havent made it to the meat of the schedule yet, but this is about as good as we could start.

VN Store

Back