Vols Jump Out to Big Lead, Hold On Late

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
UT used a pair of four-run innings to stake claim to a six-run lead before holding off a ninth-inning rally by Morehead State to pick up a 10-8 victory on Sunday.
BOX SCORE | PHOTO GALLERY

More...

Discuss.

I think Godley should be a starting pitcher.

Peper continues to struggle.
Excellent that for the third straight week since the season started the Vols again win the series. Also it's excellent that the Vols will be playing this Tuesday, and Wednesday. If The Vols win both those games they would be one win from 10 wins.

Terrific the Vols scored 4 runs twice in two different innings.
In 9 games the Vols already have 5 saves when last year they only had 4.
Vols continue to be magnificent in stolen base attempts 17 consuective successful, and 26 of 27.
Fantastic news is Duffy hit his first home run of the year that was a three run homer in the bottom of the third. He is one of the Vols best hitters.
Norfolk's hitting streak ended but the Vols still won.

Fantastic the Vols are 7-2, and the Tigers came back to beat the Gamecocks.

I think Godley should be a starting pitcher.

Peper continues to struggle.
Excellent that for the third straight week since the season started the Vols again win the series. Also it's excellent that the Vols will be playing this Tuesday, and Wednesday. If The Vols win both those games they would be one win from 10 wins.

Terrific the Vols scored 4 runs twice in two different innings.
In 9 games the Vols already have 5 saves when last year they only had 4.
Vols continue to be magnificent in stolen base attempts 17 consuective successful, and 26 of 27.
Fantastic news is Duffy hit his first home run of the year that was a three run homer in the bottom of the third. He is one of the Vols best hitters.
Norfolk's hitting streak ended but the Vols still won.

Fantastic the Vols are 7-2, and the Tigers came back to beat the Gamecocks.

We're going to find out how much pitching depth the team has this week.

Can't believe we almost blew that one

Peper has possibly the worst pitching line I've ever seen:

3 innings, 9 hits, 5 walks, 1 HBP, 11 ER.....33.00 ERA

We better not lose any games to New Orleans....they're 1-9 and possibly the worst team in the nation....their pitching has an ERA of over 12

Can't believe we almost blew that one

Peper has possibly the worst pitching line I've ever seen:

3 innings, 9 hits, 5 walks, 1 HBP, 11 ER.....33.00 ERA

TR said he was such a stud! All these JC transfers and pick ups were going to be sooo good.

maybe the pitching coach needs to teach them how to pitch.. or is that asking too much?

Its like Raleigh knows he out the door. Wins are Wins but Indiana is the only ooc team that is atleast decent. I think we fight for the 7th or 8th spot for the tourny. Florida, LSU, Vandy, USC, Arky, MSU should all make the SEC tourny.

I agree, we do fine against weak teams but the wheels fall off against more challenging opponents..... same song different verse. (just like last 3 seasons)

We better not lose any games to New Orleans....they're 1-9 and possibly the worst team in the nation....their pitching has an ERA of over 12

I agree to lose to New Orleans would be deplorable. I will be shocked if the Vols don't score 9 or more runs for the next two games, and runs combine for the next two are not more than 17.

TR said he was such a stud! All these JC transfers and pick ups were going to be sooo good.

Have you not been paying attention at all this year? Godley? Dean? Morgan? Watson? Williams? Wow. People like you need to leave. How about you look at 9 games instead OF ONE!? Peper has struggled yes, but he's the only newcomer that has, so don't make a sarcastic generalization. Wow, how bitter can one person be?

Have you not been paying attention at all this year? Godley? Dean? Morgan? Watson? Williams? Wow. People like you need to leave. How about you look at 9 games instead OF ONE!? Peper has struggled yes, but he's the only newcomer that has, so don't make a sarcastic generalization. Wow, how bitter can one person be?

I see you just got on board this year, so you really don't have the history to make any informed comment. You must be a parent of one of those young men. The 9 teams they played were weak teams .. True vol fans know this. So I will refrain from tearing into you because you really don't know any better and are a neophyte. Let's talk in 2 yrs mom or dad.

Last edited:
I see you just got on board this year, so you really don't have the history to make any informed comment.. You must be a parent of one of those young men. The 9 teams they played were weak teams .. True vol fans know this. So I will refrain from tearing into you because you really don't know any better and are a neophyte. Let's talk in 2 yrs mom or dad.

But having said that I am glad they won.... Just wait till they get to SEC play. This will be the test.

Last edited:
But having said that I am glad they won.... Just wait till they get to SEC play. This will be the test.

I agree. Right now they are playing cupcake teams.
They can show they are the real deal by winning a series against the defending champs South Carolina, the top dog Gators plus LSU Tigers, Arkansas,Vandy, Auburn,and Miss State.

I agree. Right now they are playing cupcake teams.
They can show they are the real deal by winning a series against the defending champs South Carolina, the top dog Gators plus LSU Tigers, Arkansas,Vandy, Auburn,and Miss State.

We will know in a few weeks. Go Vols!!

VN Store

Back