Settling for Subpar Talent

altidore17

The Master
The least of Raleigh's worries as a coach is recruiting, but he still has sucked in that category. Instead of getting the top talent in Tennessee, he has settled for the kids everyone else didn't want and let the studs get out of state. If we had Delmonico, these guys would be tearing it up now. Here are some shining examples.

Doyle
Brentz
Holland
Bell
Zurcher

Farragut
Catapano (back when he could sling it with the best)
T. Delmonico
J. Delmonico
N. Delmonico
Williams (though looks like Raleigh has enough catchers haha)
Powell
Stallings
Cooper
Pfeifer

Bearden
Scruggs

Not to mention Sonny Gray, Heath Hatfield, Tyler Wilson, and all the great players from West and Middle TN.. i mean damn. Some of these kids on the team now weren't great in high school... so how do you expect them to contribute at the SEC level Raleigh??

Most Tennessee sports fans on this site don't really follow the baseball team(at least the last couple of years) becasue their is so much going on with the 2 major sports. I know Raleigh has been a major disappointment. I believe this is the last year of his contract and will be gone.

Oooops, title lead me to believe this was going to be a thread about 2011 football class. Sorry.

The least of Raleigh's worries as a coach is recruiting, but he still has sucked in that category. Instead of getting the top talent in Tennessee, he has settled for the kids everyone else didn't want and let the studs get out of state. If we had Delmonico, these guys would be tearing it up now. Here are some shining examples.

Doyle
Brentz
Holland
Bell
Zurcher

Farragut
T. Delmonico
J. Delmonico
N. Delmonico
Powell
Stallings
Cooper
Pfeifer

Bearden
Scruggs

Not to mention Sonny Gray, Heath Hatfield, Tyler Wilson, and all the great players from West and Middle TN.. i mean damn. Some of these kids on the team now weren't great in high school... so how do you expect them to contribute at the SEC level Raleigh??

I'm no Raleigh fan, but you might really want to research Delmonico's recruiting of TN players and rethink how many of those players he would have gone after.

Doyle
Brentz
Holland
Bell
Zurcher

Farragut
T. Delmonico
J. Delmonico
N. Delmonico
Powell
Stallings
Cooper
Pfeifer

Bearden
Scruggs

you fail to mention that delmonico damn near refused to sign much local talent until his kids got in high school...by then he had worn out his welcome. I guess you forgot about that, huh...?

you fail to mention that delmonico damn near refused to sign much local talent until his kids got in high school...by then he had worn out his welcome. I guess you forgot about that, huh...?

I can guarantee that if Rod were there all 3 Delmonico's would've gone there or stayed in Tony's case and that Powell, Pfeifer, Stallings, Cooper, Catapano, would have gone. Those guys would definitely be an upgrade to what we have now.

And the scary part is they all went to Farragut.

VN Store

Back