Baseball anyone?

Lindsey Q. Nelson

Sorry. I'm just getting a little football/basketball'd out. I'm sure after I catch my breath I will get back into it, but I would like to hear all of your sentiments on the Vol baseball season, It's a little over a month away.....

Possible discussion topics....

Preseason Ranking (#19)

Opening weekend against #18 FAU

Rematch with GA Tech

Overall thoughts?

I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts this winter being a new member and just need a momentary release from hoops and meaningless bowl games. :banghead:

I saw quite a few games last year and will really miss going to the games this year b/c of my move to florida...I think we'll be a good team. Hochever being back is huge of course although I think the #3 kid was pretty good himself. I wonder if hoch and his agent made a mistake by highballing everyone? I hope he has just as good of a year this year. I'd love to see us go back to the series just as much as i'd love to see us beat our sec rivals once again. Any word on if the stadium improvements are going to happen soon? You should see FSU's baseball facility down here (I live about a mile and a half from it), it looks like a nice minor league park.

I think a major factor will be Coach D's son. How he adjusts to college ball and I heard he might even be the closer besides playing short every day.

Are we one hundred percent sure Hoch is coming back? I havent heard that news yet. I think with his return we could have a legitamate chance of knocking UF off in the SEC East.

Delmonico will be a huge factor but I like the class of postition players that CRD brought in.
Jarred Frazier will be a huge piece as well because he is already slated to be the leadoff hitter and starting left fielder as of now. Another possible freshman all-american?

Crime,

I live in Orlando and have been to a few Seminoles games myself, I love the new field.

Also, UF is planning on some stadium upgrades, when is our turn?

(Lindsey Q. Nelson @ Dec 29 said:
Sorry. I'm just getting a little football/basketball'd out. I'm sure after I catch my breath I will get back into it, but I would like to hear all of your sentiments on the Vol baseball season, It's a little over a month away.....

Possible discussion topics....

Preseason Ranking (#19)

Opening weekend against #18 FAU

Rematch with GA Tech

Overall thoughts?

I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts this winter being a new member and just need a momentary release from hoops and meaningless bowl games. :banghead:

please tell me the game is at FAU so i can go.

I cant believe baseball season is almost here, it will be hard for them to better last years performance, but u cant never count them out.

OT- but, i went to a fau football game a couple of years ago when they were in the playoffs...it was a great time...

I never paid attention to UT baseball when I lived in Tennessee and going to school at UT. But, when my wife and I moved to SW Louisiana, I caught the college baseball bug. College baseball is huge down here. With the success of LSU and Louisiana's Rajun Cajuns, the local sports radio stations spend a ton of time talking up college baseball. As a result, I started paying attention to my first love UT and fell in love with this baseball program. Coach Delmonico is a treat to watch. He has made a career out of taking risks and making the game fun.

One of my greatest memories was the college world series a couple of three years ago when the team was averaging 20+ runs per game but was giving up just as many. That was some of the most insane baseball I've ever seen. One of the local radio sports guys said that TN had officially reinvented college baseball. It was really fun.

This year, I am planning to get the Yahoo Sports Broadcast for TN during the baseball season. I just can't wait.

It really bugs me that I didn't go to any games when I was in college there. What a waste.

Ahh, Vol Baseball! I love it! We'll be pretty good again this year IF some of our new pitchers pan out. We signed a couple of good ones (on paper). Also, Julio HAS to learn how to play outfield a little better. We'll know in 2 weeks if Hoch is back. That would be huge for us but I'm not counting on it yet.

Attachments

• DSC_9214_lg.jpg
    DSC_9214_lg.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 1
i already have my season tix baby i cannot wait. bhamvolfan... i thought hoch was gone for good because he signed with the advisor to be his agent..? just what i heard but if he comes back it will definately give them some more depth if nothin else.

I'm not sure about the legalities of the agent deal, but I know he almost came back in August and a few of our players think he may be back on campus in January.

I hope for HIS sake that he works a deal with the Dodgers, 2-3 million would be down the tubes if he plays for us this year and sustains a serious injury. OTOH, I'd love to see him on the mound on Saturdays this winter/spring in orange and white.

I'm jealous of you guys living in or near Knoxville. I wish I were able to make some games. My son plays HS baseball here and it is literally 7 days a week beginning the middle of January. But, I do get to see the Vols when they make it to the SECC.

(crazyguy @ Dec 30 said:
OT- but, i went to a fau football game a couple of years ago when they were in the playoffs...it was a great time...

really? i went to the FAU vs. colgate game. were you at that one?

(BHAMVOLFAN @ Dec 30 said:
Ahh, Vol Baseball! I love it! We'll be pretty good again this year IF some of our new pitchers pan out. We signed a couple of good ones (on paper). Also, Julio HAS to learn how to play outfield a little better. We'll know in 2 weeks if Hoch is back. That would be huge for us but I'm not counting on it yet.

On paper you have to like the chances if Hoch comes back. The College PitcherOTY is always welcome back!! :D

I would say our one-two punch would be near the best in the nation with Hoch and Adkins, but I am not getting my hopes up for his return, something tells me he will be playing professionally next spring....

Even without Hoch we have a very formidable one-two SEC set with Adkins and Lindblom (Third round draft pick Houston Astros)

Julio can only improve and I hear he is hitting with more power nowadays.

We will have offense, the pitchers need to step up like ou stated earlier, also having the one of the best closers in the conference (Watson) helps a lot too.

(chipcwmddh @ Dec 30 said:
I never paid attention to UT baseball when I lived in Tennessee and going to school at UT. But, when my wife and I moved to SW Louisiana, I caught the college baseball bug. College baseball is huge down here. With the success of LSU and Louisiana's Rajun Cajuns, the local sports radio stations spend a ton of time talking up college baseball. As a result, I started paying attention to my first love UT and fell in love with this baseball program. Coach Delmonico is a treat to watch. He has made a career out of taking risks and making the game fun.

One of my greatest memories was the college world series a couple of three years ago when the team was averaging 20+ runs per game but was giving up just as many. That was some of the most insane baseball I've ever seen. One of the local radio sports guys said that TN had officially reinvented college baseball. It was really fun.

This year, I am planning to get the Yahoo Sports Broadcast for TN during the baseball season. I just can't wait.

It really bugs me that I didn't go to any games when I was in college there. What a waste.

Glad you finally came aboard!! :clapping: I plan on attending every game possible for the rest of my college years.

(BHAMVOLFAN @ Dec 30 said:
I'm not sure about the legalities of the agent deal, but I know he almost came back in August and a few of our players think he may be back on campus in January.

I hope for HIS sake that he works a deal with the Dodgers, 2-3 million would be down the tubes if he plays for us this year and sustains a serious injury. OTOH, I'd love to see him on the mound on Saturdays this winter/spring in orange and white.

I'm jealous of you guys living in or near Knoxville. I wish I were able to make some games. My son plays HS baseball here and it is literally 7 days a week beginning the middle of January. But, I do get to see the Vols when they make it to the SECC.

I have confirmed my season tickets. I hate that you won't be coming up for any games Bham. Maybe I'll see ya at the regionals. :peace2:

(volfan5719 @ Dec 31 said:
really? i went to the FAU vs. colgate game. were you at that one?
I think that may have been the one...I remember having a great time in that little stadium...

Definitely looking forward to baseball myself as well. UF starts off preseason #2 in the country and returns almost all of it's players from the young team last yr that were national runners up. Another team to watch is UNC as well..they have 2 pitchers that could be top 5 in the MLB draft.

(vol_freak @ Dec 31 said:
I have confirmed my season tickets. I hate that you won't be coming up for any games Bham. Maybe I'll see ya at the regionals. :peace2:

Even better, how bout a trip to Birmingham for the SEC tourney, ehh? My 17 year old is about to hit the world of varsity baseball (HS) this year and it is about out of control with schedules. The coach practices on Saturdays and Sundays if no games are scheduled. Since he and I have always done the football, basketball and baseball games together (almost), it's tough making the 8 hour round trip to Kville for a 2 or 3 hour game (in one day) by myself. Anyway, you and I brought luck to the Vols in Atlanta last summer. We best do it again!

(BHAMVOLFAN @ Dec 31 said:
Even better, how bout a trip to Birmingham for the SEC tourney, ehh? My 17 year old is about to hit the world of varsity baseball (HS) this year and it is about out of control with schedules. The coach practices on Saturdays and Sundays if no games are scheduled. Since he and I have always done the football, basketball and baseball games together (almost), it's tough making the 8 hour round trip to Kville for a 2 or 3 hour game (in one day) by myself. Anyway, you and I brought luck to the Vols in Atlanta last summer. We best do it again!

I may try and make it to Birmingham this year.

We did seem to be good luck, hopefully we can do it again. I'll do my part. :biggrin2:

VN Store

Back