Vols to Conduct Walk-On Tryouts on Sept. 7

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team will conduct open campus tryouts for walk-on players Sept. 7 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Tryouts will begin promptly at 3 p.m.

More...

Discuss.

I tried to walk-on my freshman year (Raleigh's first). That was the night I took a disliking to him.

Good luck to anyone that gives it a shot though!

A friend of mine's little brother is trying out. Look out for Clint Burner, a pitcher from Powell

haven't played baseball since freshman year of high school, but what the heck? might have a good day and get to make the team

The last hopeless act of a superclown for a coach. :eek:lol:

Hey, McCleverstein! In case you didn't know, open-tryouts are held EVERY YEAR. If you're looking for a job, I'm sure you could get a job cleaning toilets in the locker room.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hey, McCleverstein! In case you didn't know, open-tryouts are held EVERY YEAR. If you're looking for a job, I'm sure you could get a job cleaning toilets in the locker room.

You mean Raleigh can't get the bathrooms clean either? Is there anything he's good at?

I played baseball for 14 years and signed to play in college. I know what im talking about. The kid threw 88 with good offspeed stuff with decent location. He should have kept him.

That kid happened to have played Raleigh's first year (2007-08) after making the team through walk on tryouts. He didn't touch the field that season and got cut after the season. He was a part of the team the next fall (2008) as a bullpen catcher. So there was some history there. And last years team was completely overloaded with average pitchers, especially at that point in the year. No need to add another was the idea there.

That kid happened to have played Raleigh's first year (2007-08) after making the team through walk on tryouts. He didn't touch the field that season and got cut after the season. He was a part of the team the next fall (2008) as a bullpen catcher. So there was some history there. And last years team was completely overloaded with average pitchers, especially at that point in the year. No need to add another was the idea there.

VN Store

Back