Coach LeCroy Gone

golfhunter28

Just heard that Coach LeCroy has left to go back to Clemson. Ashley Lawson will be his replacement.

UT Assistant Coach Bradley LeCroy has left to join the staff at Clemson. Ashley Lawson will be his replacement. Lawson was a former coach at Tennessee Wesleyan who left coaching to become a scout for the Padres, he was promoted to a Crosschecker this past year.

Last edited:
Actually I was recruited by and played for Ashley Lawson in '97. The second best coach I've ever played for and easily the best recruiter I was ever approached by. He is very easy to talk to and he teaches all the time. He can relate to the guys and was always available for extra workouts.
Very HAPPY for CAL !!!! You guys have no idea what your saying...........he is nothing like that POS TR ! Prolly next HC.

Actually I was recruited by and played for Ashley Lawson in '97. The second best coach I've ever played for and easily the best recruiter I was ever approached by. He is very easy to talk to and he teaches all the time. He can relate to the guys and was always available for extra workouts.
Very HAPPY for CAL !!!! You guys have no idea what your saying...........he is nothing like that POS TR ! Prolly next HC.

If he is in the running for next head coach then the baseball program needs to be eliminated.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If he is in the running for next head coach then the baseball program needs to be eliminated.

Ha ha, why such distain for Ash ? I will admit he was hired away after one season and I was only at that school for that year (due to his recruiting), I wouldn't have ever even stepped on that "campus" if not for him.
Maybe he went on to be a douche............please explain ?

Ha ha, why such distain for Ash ? I will admit he was hired away after one season and I was only at that school for that year (due to his recruiting), I wouldn't have ever even stepped on that "campus" if not for him.
Maybe he went on to be a douche............please explain ?

Nothing overly personal.

Just not a good hire. Dozens and dozens of better options.

Based on your personal knowledge of CAL, his resume, or what ? Not discounting your opinion just looking for the basis for it ?

Based on your personal knowledge of CAL, his resume, or what ? Not discounting your opinion just looking for the basis for it ?

Resume compared to others. Reputation is another.

Well i understand that. I can tell you fella is a good coach. I don't know much of his current rep. but we were lucky to have him around. What stories have you heard that compel you to dislike the hire. Now I'm curious as to what may have happened in his career to receive this "welcome" to Knoxville ?

I speak with many coaches on a daily basis.

You can tell a lot by how a coach's peers view him.

Come on NYY elaborate !!!!! I speak with many coaches as well, all be it in ATL and mostly Football, haven't heard anything bad. Come on, just let me know whats up with CAL ????????

Come on NYY elaborate !!!!! I speak with many coaches as well, all be it in ATL and mostly Football, haven't heard anything bad. Come on, just let me know whats up with CAL ????????

How have I not elaborated?

Not highly respected, flaky and with a subpar resume. Want a shoe size?

Tell who said what.....hate to say it but a story with a SOURCE would really help. I mean anyone can say I heard a bad story and I heard he is not respected but who, when, where ?
Don't get so defensive guy.
I happen to have known him, I happen to question that he has a BAD rep or resume. DO you know of either ? I don't so I'm asking the most vocal person on the thread, clearly your passionate about your opinion, so I'm asking for the reasons, not the platitudes.

Hey look forget it, I can google him or whatever, didn't mean to antagonize you.
GREAT HIRE ! There thats my 2cents, and I played for the guy, TIFWIW.

VN Store

Back