2 Baseball Vols Transferring

TNVols58

From a Volquest poster:

"Cody Stubbs and Alan Walden,two of UT's top freshmen baseball players, have left the program because of Todd Raleigh.

Stubbs was expected to start at 1B and is in good academic standing. Walden, a draft pick out of High School, was expected to step-up in a major way on a thin staff, and was also in good academic standing.

These players left because they despise Todd Raleigh and the way he is running the program. After numerous incidents of verbal abuse and intimidation, Stubbs and Walden decided that UT could not be the place for them as long as Raleigh is the head coach.

Both will now transfer to a top JUCO program in the southeast and commit to another D-1 school for spring of 2012 and also get drafted this upcoming spring."

Doesn't surprise me one bit....this upcoming year will be amazing

Last edited:
It's in the baseball forum

Maybe, but we are seeing it on the main board, so that's why we thought it was football. Anyways vols Baseball program will continue it's down slide until he is fired! MH will probably keep him around for 10yrs longer than he should be and make it like our FB program is now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Didn't he recruit them? Seems odd that they are just now making this decision.

I don't know if I believe this about Stubbs. His dad and Raleigh are close friends from Raleigh's days at Western Carolina(Stubbs is from Waynesville). I know that their families go on beach trips together and the sole reason that Stubbs went to UT was because of Raleigh.

When will MH realize that TR is a freakin' idiot and fire the man. He has done absolutely nothing for the program

I have my doubts about Stubbs story as well.

Raleigh would really have to anger Cody for Cody to leave. It is possible however.

I don't know if I believe this about Stubbs. His dad and Raleigh are close friends from Raleigh's days at Western Carolina(Stubbs is from Waynesville). I know that their families go on beach trips together and the sole reason that Stubbs went to UT was because of Raleigh.

This.

Stubbs has never had a cross word to say about Raleigh, and as mentioned, their families go way back.

I think Walden and the coaching staff have very different opinions on what Alan's level of talent is. I'm not surprised that he would leave, and I'm not surprised that Raleigh wouldn't try to keep him.

I have my doubts about Stubbs story as well.

Raleigh would really have to anger Cody for Cody to leave. It is possible however.

If I had the chance to be a starting first-baseman in the SEC as a sophomore, I wouldn't care if Adolf Hitler was coaching.

There is more to this story. It doesn't add up.

I think it's simply players seeing the writing on the wall for the program over the next few years...TR is a HUGE lameduck this year....why NOT transfer and play for a solid D1 school?

Not surprising in the least. While a lot of other SEC programs are enjoying great success in baseball, we're stuck with our joke of a coach...

He has driven several other players away as well. Stubbs, Walden, Atkins, Locante,Hochever, there are a few more which I feel I should not share at this time.

I think it's simply players seeing the writing on the wall for the program over the next few years...TR is a HUGE lameduck this year....why NOT transfer and play for a solid D1 school?

For the freshmen mentioned that would be fine although they are going JUCO, but the other guys would have to sit out a year (draft year) they prefer to keep playing so its D2 or power NAIA. wish they could have kept the team together .TR should have been released.

He has driven several other players away as well. Stubbs, Walden, Atkins, Locante,Hochever, there are a few more which I feel I should not share at this time.

Discretion? That seems to be a lost art. How many more, Doc?

VN Store

Back