Sure Could Have Used Jeff Lockwood This Year

FredWhite2

Avg: 398
AB: 176
HR: 20
RBI: 67

This is absolutely incredible. Todd Raleigh is an absolute terrible coach, and Mike Hamilton needs to be fired immeadiately! I understand this is at Carson Newman, but we could have really used this kid, he's a good character kid and obviously a great talent run out by the great Todd Raleigh...

Maybe when he transfered to Carson-Newman, he broke up with his girlfriend, Mary Jane.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yup, coulda used Bryce Brentz as well. Apparently he wasn't good enough for us...hmmm. I've even seen the kid MULTIPLE times wearing big orange t-shirts, no joke. He WANTED to be a Vol.

Good enough for the Boston Red Sox...not quite good enough for 9th place in the SEC.

Yup, coulda used Bryce Brentz as well. Apparently he wasn't good enough for us...hmmm. I've even seen the kid MULTIPLE times wearing big orange t-shirts, no joke. He WANTED to be a Vol.

Good enough for the Boston Red Sox...not quite good enough for 9th place in the SEC.
E-mail complaints to...RodtheGod@hotjobs.com :)

I can't believe he is still the coach.....not even counting this

Avg: 398
AB: 176
HR: 20
RBI: 67

This is absolutely incredible. Todd Raleigh is an absolute terrible coach, and Mike Hamilton needs to be fired immeadiately! I understand this is at Carson Newman, but we could have really used this kid, he's a good character kid and obviously a great talent run out by the great Todd Raleigh...

Maybe Lockwood should have passed a few more drug tests. Then he could have been a big contributor here.

Personal responsibility.

If he was such a no-brainer out of HS, then why was a 25% scholarship at MTSU his biggest offer?

Bryce and his family would be the first to tell you that he was something of a late bloomer at MTSU.

would he have done as well as he did at UT? considering how some of the other talent hasn't performed here in recent years, going to MTSU was the best thing for Bryce.

The best thing that could have ever happened to Bryce Brentz was going to MTSU rather than UT. At MTSU he played and developed under a great coach who cares about the players more than his own damn job. I am convinced he would not have accomplished such great results under Raleigh. TR would have screwed him up like he does all the other talented players he gets...

The best thing that could have ever happened to Bryce Brentz was going to MTSU rather than UT. At MTSU he played and developed under a great coach who cares about the players more than his own damn job. I am convinced he would not have accomplished such great results under Raleigh. TR would have screwed him up like he does all the other talented players he gets...

Your logic is hard to follow. Steve Peterson gets credit for Brentz but Raleigh gets no credit for Forsythe? Forsythe batted under the Mendoza line as a Freshman. He followed that up with ridiculously great numbers and showing-out for Team USA.
I'm sure TR had nothing to do with the increase in PJ's numbers too, huh? The truth is that coaches have very little to do with those players getting better. They were all good players when they got to college. Hard work and some "guidance" is what got them where they are. "Development" is taking a player with below-average high school tools and turning them into an All-SEC player.

Steve Peterson is a great Coach and a wonderful person... TR well???? He could be..someday. I think he would have done better if he spent a little time in the military.

UT didn't want AJ Kirby-Jones either- so he went to TN Tech and had a Bryce Brentz type of career.
Not sure of his career line, but this past season (jr season) he hit something like .389 w/ 26 homers and 2nd in the NCAA in slugging. Had similar numbers as a soph. Also was a pretty good pitcher.

But he wasn't good enough for UT. Good thing the Oakland Athletics don't think like UT baseball coaches (current as well as ole Raybands)......

UT didn't want AJ Kirby-Jones either- so he went to TN Tech and had a Bryce Brentz type of career.
Not sure of his career line, but this past season (jr season) he hit something like .389 w/ 26 homers and 2nd in the NCAA in slugging. Had similar numbers as a soph. Also was a pretty good pitcher.

But he wasn't good enough for UT. Good thing the Oakland Athletics don't think like UT baseball coaches (current as well as ole Raybands)......

Again, if he was can't-miss out of high school, then why was his best offer Tennessee Tech?

We spend a lot of time blaming coaches for "missing" on local guys, but the reality is that most of you would have slammed the coaching staff for taking those very same kids because they're "under the radar."

Clearly, if a guy ends up at Tech, then a lot of schools missed on him, not just Tennessee. Late bloomers are very common in baseball. Why was Stephen Strasberg at San Diego State? Should the coaches at USC and UCLA be fired over it? He was very clearly a late bloomer, and it worked out for him.

VN Store

Back