UT didnt make NCAA baseball tourny...

matts42012

Official TR watch time.....

Will MH stay be his word that TR "is our coach"?
Or is it time to go another direction??

Was there still some doubt about whether they would get in? From everything I heard they needed at least 2 wins against 'Bama last week or there was no chance, and when they got swept I just assumed it was over for them. Maybe I misunderstood the situation.

MH was quoted as saying that he fully expected TR to be our coach next season regardless of what happens against Bama. I hope that this is some kind of mean joke.

MH was quoted as saying that he fully expected TR to be our coach next season regardless of what happens against Bama. I hope that this is some kind of mean joke.

He'll probably be back, but sometimes statements like this can mean the kiss of death.

We can only hope it is.

If he does come back next year, I would imagine anything less than finishing in the top 5 of SEC in regular season and making some noise in the conference and regional tournaments would send him packing.
It seems that MH really wants this hire to work out and he seems to have faith that one more year might allow it.
Personally, I don't think TR has done enough to warrant a stay of execution, but I'm not MH and I don't get to make that decision...

I think it's a reasonable argument that a team that did not qualify for their own conference tourney should not qualify for NCAA. Don't have a problem.

Do think the SEC got hosed on nation seeds as at least South Carolina needed to be in the number.

I disagree that the ACC deserved 8 teams.

It's a joke that Florida State has to go to UConn out of a modern day sports, affirmative action program for the northern teams.

I don't see the ncaa bending over backwards for souther hockey teams.

Was anyone actually expecting us to make it? I just hope we get rid of Raleigh...I can't stand him

If he stays TR has to at least make the SEC tourney if not we all know he is done

No, that's what the bottom line should have been this year. Finishing 8th next year shouldn't be enough to save him. He has to finish Top 4 or better IMHO.

Keep in mind TR is Mike Hamiltons hire and having to fire your coach looks bad on your hiring skills so he may be given more leeway than Fulmer and Buzz were given.

Keep in mind TR is Mike Hamiltons hire and having to fire your coach looks bad on your hiring skills so he may be given more leeway than Fulmer and Buzz were given.

Having your guy fail miserably while you let him do it looks even worse on your skills as an athletic director. Make the tough decisions or resign, Mike.

VN Store

Back