Why Raleigh Has to Go...(merged)

TNVols58

1) His teams FAILED to make the postseason ALL three years (EVERY SEC team in that span has made it)...this should be enough alone

2) His teams NEVER won more than 12 SEC games (really...is 40% winning acceptable? NO)

3) Only one overall winning season (30-26 this year)

3) His teams really struggle with lower conference teams (midweek games the previous 2 years...the horrible struggles the team had earlier this year with losses to Eastern Kentucky, Binghamton, Kennesaw State although the midweek games were better this year)

4) His attitude towards the players is supposedly horrendous...for example I heard last year a player of ours, Tyler Horne, had a poor game late in the year and after the game Raleigh told him, "your dad wouldn't be proud of you"...Horne's father committed suicide while Horne was in high school...is this what we want our coach to be like???...the players evidently don't like him at all

5) His constant use of excuses in the media..."the baseball gods were against us"..."hit so many balls hard"..."didn't get any breaks"..."we're so close"...ok...maybe once or twice a year it's okay to use these...but after EVERY loss???

6) Underachieving with talent...why is it that during the summer our players do really well and then during the college year they really regress?...Raleigh said before this season that we had a ton of depth but that wasn't close to reality...he also said before the year that this was an NCAA tourney team...THEY'RE NOT

7) The opportunity was there for the postseason and his team fell apart...up 2 games for the 8 spot with 5 games left and you lose ALL 5 games?...just winning 2 out of those last 5 gets you to the NCAA tourney...but his team is swept at home by your rival that was 2-10 in the SEC on the road before coming here...Raleigh can't handle the pressure as he even said before the series that this was the biggest series of his career here

I'll lose all the respect I have for Hamilton if he doesn't let Raleigh go...the team next year without Hawn, Polk, and Forsythe will be terrible...let another coach like Pat Murphy rebuild us back into a top 25 program

Anyone care to add anything else? I'm sure I left off some more stuff...I'd like to hear some players' experiences with him

Agreed...CTR must go. Rick Honeycutt, Alan Cockrell, Phil Garner are former Vols who'd jump at this job. Is MH listening? Probably not.

1)
6) Underachieving with talent...why is it that during the summer our players do really well and then during the college year they really regress?...Raleigh said before this season that we had a ton of depth but that wasn't close to reality...he also said before the year that this was an NCAA tourney team...THEY'RE NOT

And here is the telling statement.

Either Rolly is a liar or a fraud or an idiot. Or all three. :crazy:

Any one of these gross character flaws is enough for me to call for his ouster.

:mf_surrender:

Yep. If you had asked me a week ago I'd have had a different answer, but the results speak for themselves. Unacceptable. Get a real manager in here. I've seen enough underachieving.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
It appears that last week was a hot streak and nothing else. If Raleigh could have pull through this weekend i would say he should get another year.

It's pretty hard to believe that a week ago Friday the Vols controlled their own destiny for Hoover, now a week later they've lost 5 straight SEC games to end the season. For me this should be the final nail in the coffin, but I still bet he'll be back next season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How long must our Baseball Program Suffer under this Clown called a Coach??? tell me????? why?????.

I'll be shocked if half this team comes back. There's nothing more they could possibly learn from Raleigh, except how to lose, and be losers.

Now's the time for all UT baseball fans to stand up and be counted. Flood Hamilton's office and the KNS news desk (don't even try the sports desk--they don't write about anything but football and basketball) with letters and notes absolutely DEMANDING he fire Raleigh. Do not let up. Hamilton needs to be up to his eyeballs in FIRE RALEIGH emails and letters.

Say it with me!!!!!

FIRE TODD RALEIGH!!!!!

Last edited:
Mr. Hamilton,

I write to you today because I'm very concerned about the direction of the Vols baseball program. In head coach Todd Raleigh's three years at the University of Tennessee, none of his teams have made the postseason and none have won even 13 SEC games. In comparison to other SEC programs, only Mississippi State has not made the postseason in the past three years. Coach Raleigh finally had a winning record this year, although his team finished just 12-18 in the SEC, good for 10th in the conference. With an opportunity to make both Hoover and the NCAA Tournament, his team finished with 5 straight SEC losses after being up two games for the eight seed in the SEC Tournament with only five games to play. This weekend his team was swept at home by an Alabama ballclub that prior to the series was just 2-10 on the road in the SEC. Even before the series Raleigh said this was "the biggest series of his career here."

Along with minimal success on the field over the past three years, it has been brought to my attention that Coach Raleigh's behavior towards the Vol baseball players over the past few years has been immature and unacceptable. I have heard from multiple people that towards the end of last year, Coach Raleigh told then Vol baseball player Tyler Horne, "your dad wouldn't be proud of you." It turns out that Horne's father committed suicide while Tyler was in high school. I believe, as you do, that the leader of the baseball program needs to show more class and represent the University in a much better manner to student-athletes. I have heard of many other confrontations between Coach Raleigh and the players, and as a fan, I think to myself, "how can parents send their son to play for such a coach?" As a Vol baseball fan I believe our program should have a coach that not only has success on the field but also represents the University to the highest standard off the field.

As someone who has attended nearly every Vol baseball game for the past six years, it is very disappointing to see how far the program has fallen. It was only five years ago that the Vol baseball program was in Omaha for the College World Series, and I will never forget going to Lindsay Nelson Stadium to watch the team play that year. I do believe that Tennessee baseball can get back to that level, although I believe change is needed at the top in order to give the program the best chance to succeed. The athletics program has spent a lot of money on renovating Lindsay Nelson Stadium and giving the program a great opportunity to make the postseason on a consistent basis, but it is apparent that Coach Raleigh has not and will not have success at Tennessee. The recent success of Tennessee basketball, golf, and tennis shows that the sky is the limit for Tennessee athletics. You made the commitment to the baseball program when you decided to upgrade the baseball facilities, and it is my hope that you strongly consider a change at head coach so that the baseball program can get back to competing at the highest level.

VN Store

Back