UT Remains Red Hot, Taking Series Opener Against No. 18 Auburn, 9-3

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team (29-21, 12-13 SEC) beat No. 18 Auburn (33-17, 15-10) at its own game on Friday night, blasting three home runs to down the Tigers, 9-3, at Plainsman Park in Auburn, Ala. The Volunteers have now won seven straight games, including six straight Southeastern Conference contests. It is just the third time in the last 40 years and eighth time in school history that UT has won six straight league matchups.

More...

Discuss.

So will this let Raleigh keep his job...? And why is it that UT decides to play well at the END of the season? IIRC, they had a good end to last season too...

So will this let Raleigh keep his job...? And why is it that UT decides to play well at the END of the season? IIRC, they had a good end to last season too...

Once the season is complete then Raleigh will be judged. There is still a lot of opportunity for this team in the SEC tourney and NCAA's before that decision will be made. Based on the way this team is playing, Raleigh has probably saved his job.

I'll go with unbelievable too.
I remember earlier in the season when I was hoping for a little respect. Now, it looks like we may be the hottest team going into the SEC tourney.
Man, what a turnaround.:rock:
Not sure what will happen with Coach R, but this streak may let him keep his job. Anyway...
GO VOLS!

This team started out 0-7 in the SEC. 0 and effin 7!!!! If you need MORE clarity, that ZERO WINS and SEVEN LOSSES!!! They won their SIX consecutive SEC game last night. The last time that was done by ANY Tennessee team was 40 years ago. You better get on-board or GTFO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This team started out 0-7 in the SEC. 0 and effin 7!!!! If you need MORE clarity, that ZERO WINS and SEVEN LOSSES!!! They won their SIX consecutive SEC game last night. The last time that was done by ANY Tennessee team was 40 years ago. You better get on-board or GTFO!!!
chill out man. it's like message board roid rage. i'm not reallysure of your point..you dog the crap start then praise the hgame streak and tell us to gtfo...

chill out man. it's like message board roid rage. i'm not reallysure of your point..you dog the crap start then praise the hgame streak and tell us to gtfo...

Haha! Ok, I've chilled-out a little bit. I wasn't dawging the crap start. I was merely pointing out that baseball is a crazy game. It's a game of ups and downs. It's a game of streaks( both good and bad ). That post made me see red because at this point, if you have anything negative to say about this team or the coach then you should reference the last sentence of my previous post.

Whatever. They started horribly, but they always seem to. If they could play like this ALL year long, I might stay on board. Raleigh should be fired so this team can play up to it's potential. It's there, but seems to disappear until the end of the season. Your "get on- board or GTFO" comment made me laugh. I love everything Tennessee. Raleigh is crippling this teams' true ability imo

Whatever. They started horribly, but they always seem to. If they could play like this ALL year long, I might stay on board. Raleigh should be fired so this team can play up to it's potential. It's there, but seems to disappear until the end of the season. Your "get on- board or GTFO" comment made me laugh. I love everything Tennessee. Raleigh is crippling this teams' true ability imo

That's pathetic! You just said you support the team as long as they're winning. Allow me to make you laugh again........GTFO!:)
GO VOLS!!!

Let's just see how the season plays out.

Everyone in this forum wants Tennessee to do well. Let's keep that in mind.

Let's just see how the season plays out.

Everyone in this forum wants Tennessee to do well. Let's keep that in mind.

Why do I feel as if I've been scolded? :) Youre a voice of reason, Freak. Thanks and GO VOLS!!!

Lose the avatar, and then maybe people won't think you're a joke.

If you visited the baseball forum more than once a year, you would know why I have the avatar. Catch-up heebsy! :)

Why do I feel as if I've been scolded? :) Youre a voice of reason, Freak. Thanks and GO VOLS!!!

No scolding. :) Just reminding everyone that we are all on the same team.

I'm looking forward to today's game.

Definately stupidstitious! Were 13-4 since I lost the bet. It's workin pretty well:)

At least now we know who is responsible for the turnaround.

At least now we know who is responsible for the turnaround.

I would like to thank Fryeguy! Without him none of this would have been possible! :) I had better hush, were down 2-0 with two on and one out in the first inning.

VN Store

Back