Raleigh Safe?

I personally believe that Raleigh is more than safe. Perhaps some will even be made fans over the next few weeks.... Go VOLS! :rock:

Unfortunately if we make it to Hover I think his job is safe. I for one am not a Raleigh fan, just look at my past posts about him. That being said, I am impressed with how the team has been playing the last few weeks.

I thought he should have been let go a while back. I do not think that way now. He deserves at least another year so we can at least determine if the improvement was due to his managing or if it was all the players. It would be nice if the guy was finally sick of losing and got motivated and the result was a good team. At this point I am dreading a patented Mike Hamilton extension with a massive raise just for achieving mild success. Another year? Yes. That is so Raleigh can prove himself one way or the other. A big contract that makes it painful to fire him? Hell no. Not yet.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
TR's excuse after last season was something to the effect of 'we played really well at the end of the season, good enough to do some damage in the postseason if we could have gotten there.' This season seems to be much the same, with them flipping the light-switch on just a couple of weeks sooner.
I know you want your team to peak at the end of the season, but if you flat out suck in the first half (any Atlanta Braves fans wanting to wring Frank Wren's neck right about now?), then the coach is not doing his job to have the players (as a team) prepared to win early and often.

UT is a top-tier school with rich athletic history. Vol-land certainly has the potential to become a perennial top-15 baseball program with the right coach and the right attitude. As long as TR and his 'lets turn it on and play well at the end' attitude are here, that potential will not be reached.
MH, I don't care if they make it to Hoover or not, his fate has been sealed with lackluster performances up to a couple weekends ago, send him packing unless they somehow make it to Omaha.

I heard the guys doing the CSS or SportsSouth, whatever it was, broadcast (UGA homer and Brian Jordan from the Braves/Falcons) say that the UT players did not have access to the indoor batting facility this past winter due to renovations to LNS... maybe attributed to the slow start this season?

I heard the guys doing the CSS or SportsSouth, whatever it was, broadcast (UGA homer and Brian Jordan from the Braves/Falcons) say that the UT players did not have access to the indoor batting facility this past winter due to renovations to LNS... maybe attributed to the slow start this season?

A college coach will find someplace where his players can hit- whether it be a local high school or renting out Thunder or The Yard. If that was the case, TR should go for not enabling his players to hit.

As much as I love the success the team is having now...if you look at it from an outsider's perspective, if the Vols finish well but MISS both Hoover and the NCAA Tourney, Raleigh STILL gets another year...that's a worst case scenario that may happen...if the team makes it to Hoover I think he SHOULD be given another year

A college coach will find someplace where his players can hit- whether it be a local high school or renting out Thunder or The Yard. If that was the case, TR should go for not enabling his players to hit.

There are nets that are dropped in the indoor football facility that are used for batting cages indoors and there are other areas that can be used. The old indoor cages were under the stadium where the new locker rooms are. The new cages got behind when the weather pushed back the construction timeline last fall and winter. The contractor was instructed to finish the stadium in time for opening day and didn't work on the cages much at all during January and February.

They are having their success against the weaker teams of their schedule.

It still should be be make Hoover or Raliegh is gone. The improvement means little if it doesn't equal some kind of payoff. I don't think anyone should be satisfied already; Raliegh hasn't earned anything yet.

It appears very likely we make it to Hoover with an outside chance of sneaking into the NCAA tourney. I think that he's safe barring a massive late season collapse.

TR, who is a joke, has on his side the "buyout blues," from the UTAD having to give the mediocre round man, PF, his six million dollar exit compensation. That might permit TR another year of modiocrity.

They are having their success against the weaker teams of their schedule.

It still should be be make Hoover or Raliegh is gone. The improvement means little if it doesn't equal some kind of payoff. I don't think anyone should be satisfied already; Raleigh hasn't earned anything yet.

Amen, Amen I say withunto you Brother, let us join our voices in loud regale that can be heard all the way to Mr. Hamilton's abode

DUMP THIS TOAD !!

VN Store

Back