Is There Any Chance....

tigervol9802

.....that this team is capable of going 8-4 on the way out? That would get them to 14-16 in conference and a shot at Hoover.

UK
UGA
Auburn
Bama

Of those, based on records and the eyeball test, the only series they shouldn't be favored in is Auburn.

I've got a feeling that final series of the season my be a battle for the 8 seed in the tournament.

Only way I see that is if we sweep UK this weekend....UGA's REALLY bad but sweeping on the road is difficult....I think we'll finish around 11-13 wins.....14 is pushing it

That's a lot in baseball.

However, they are playing a lot of games against teams competing for that #8 spot.

However, being #8 would mean a first round game against a very good Arkansas team.

Tennessee is tied for 9th with UK. 2 games behind Alabama and 3 games behind Candy for 7th.

2 home series to go against Kentucky and Alabama and 2 road series against Auburn and Georgia. 12 games to go and 6 games below .500.

What's funny, even if we won all 12 games, percentage wise would put us at #6.

Going 9-3 would get us to .500...Currently good for 7th.

8-4 would get us to .467...currently good for 8th.

7-5 would leave us in 9th place at .433.

The last 6 teams as follows with remaining schedule

Vanderbilt GA @LSU @MissSt Ark (would like VU to lose GA,LS and AR)
Alabama @SC FL OleMiss @Tenn (would like loses to all remaining)
Kentucky @Tenn SC LSU @GA (would like losses to all remaining)
Tennessee KY @GA @AU AL (win all remaining series or 8-4)
Miss St OleMiss @Aub Vandy @LSU (Beat Vandy lose others)
Georgia @Vandy Tenn @Fla KY (don't matter)

All teams have 2 home and 2 road series.

The hardest schedule out of those 6 is Miss St who play 3 teams in top-6 plus Vanderbilt at #7

The easiest is Tennessee who plays only 1 top-6 team (#6 Auburn) and they never have to play west #1 Arkansas

Vanderbilt plays 2 top-6 and 2 bottom-6
Alabama plays 3 top-6 and 1 bottom-6
Kentucky plays 2 and 2
Georgia plays 1 top-6 and 3 bottom-6

Tennessee does have a chance to sneak in at #8. But nothing in this season makes me believe they can put together a winning streak.

If they were able to sweep Kentucky this week. They would move at least #9 by themselves. And amazingly enough, could be tied or ahead of Alabama at #8 if Alabama loses series at South Carolina as expected.

It would only hurt more when we don't though.

That series at Auburn looms LARGER than you think. We can't get swept! Winning 1 game would require a sweep somewhere else. Winning 2 games would mean service break.

If Tennessee goes 4-0 this week. I will change my Avatar to something of Hobock's choosing.:mf_surrender:

Last edited:
Hey Frye! Although that is a very chivalrous offer, I cannot accept. We all know how the last wager turned out. Superstition will not allow me to try to "double-down". :)
GO VOLS!!!!!!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Fairly nice rundown Frye.

I figured it was at best a pipe-dream, but thought I woudl throw it out there anyway. For it to happen they would need to sweep one of these next two series and then win 2 of 3 in the other.

However, I do think that Bama series will be interesting as I think we'll still be hanging around.

We have to take care of business this weekend and sweep the Wildcats. If Forsythe keeps swinging this way, we have a chance, need some outstanding pitching though. GBO!!!

VN Store

Back