Raleigh Returns to Old Stomping Grounds as UT Travels to Face Western Carolina

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
University of Tennessee Head Coach Todd Raleigh will lead his current squad against his former team as he takes the Volunteers to Cullowhee, N.C., to square off with Western Carolina at 6 p.m. at Childress Field at Hennon Stadium on Wednesday, April 21.

More...

Discuss.

I'm assuming we will lose...though I think he has a winning record against his old club

Maybe they will "accidentally" leave him at WCU and finish the season with someone else as the head coach.

I was about to type in the same thing, I wish he would stay at his old stomping grounds.

I'm expecting a beatdown tonight from WCU...something like 12-6....Vols have NO pitching depth and it is now catching up with them

6-3 Vols headed into the bottom of the 2nd. PJ with a 3run double.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Catapano comes in and gets a K, a pop out and a ground out. Forsythe hits a solo bomb to lead off the 3rd. Vols up 7-3 with no outs. Fritts follows with a single up the middle. Osborne is up with no outs.

University of Tennessee Head Coach Todd Raleigh will lead his current squad against his former team as he takes the Volunteers to Cullowhee, N.C., to square off with Western Carolina at 6 p.m. at Childress Field at Hennon Stadium on Wednesday, April 21.

More...

Maybe he'll stay in NC
Discuss.

Osborne popped out to first. Norfolk HBP. Men on 1st and 2nd with one out for Liles. Liles goes down looking. 2 on 2 outs for Polk. Polk walks. Bases loaded with two outs for Hawn. Hawn strands 3 with a ground out. Still 7-3 Vols.

An error by Duffy allows a run. A base hit makes it 7-5 Vols. Catapano hit the next batter. Bases loaded with 1 out.

Followed by a 2 run double. It's now 7-7. Looks like the end for Catapano. Nick Blount in to pitch.

Last edited:
It's now 8-7 Western. Duffy flies out to lead off the top of the 4th. Ramsey goes down swinging for the 2nd out bringing up Forsythe.

Forsythe walked followed by a pinch hit ground out by Thurber for the 3rd out.

8-7 Catamounts headed to the bottom of the 4th.

Western goes down in order. Headed to the top of the 5th. Osborne Norfolk and Liles will bat.

Norfolk hits a solo HR to left to tie the game 8-8. Liles ground out to first for the 2nd out. Polk gets a 4 pitch walk. Hawn steps up to the plate with one on and two outs. Polk scores from first on a double in the right-center gap from Hawn. 9-8 Vols. Duffy is batting. Duffy walks on 4 pitches. Ramsey comes to the plate. Another pitching change for Western Carolina.

Forsythe strikes out with the bases juiced. Headed to the bottom of the fifth it's 9-8 Vols.

Western Carolina goes down in order to end the 5th. Thurber, Osborne and Norfork will bat in the top of the 6th. Still 9-8 Vols.

VN Store

Back