Vols Need Midseason Coaching Change

TNVols58

PATHETIC weekend against MS State...lost 2 of 3 to the other worst team in the league...allowed 13, 11, and 14 runs in each game...Vols now 4-11 in the SEC

END THE TODD RALEIGH ERA NOW!

PATHETIC weekend against MS State...lost 2 of 3 to the other worst team in the league...allowed 13, 11, and 14 runs in each game...Vols now 4-11 in the SEC

THIS! THIS! THIS! :clapping:

I respect your opinion but totally disagree!!!

So you like how bad we've been the past 3 years under him....it's embarrassing how pathetic our program is with him

I hope you agree that we need a coaching change.

I am not an emotion driven fan, I will save that opinion for the end of the season. I like some things T Raleigh has done and some things I do not like.

I do think we need to start playing better but it is baseball and a long season.

I am not an emotion driven fan, I will save that opinion for the end of the season. I like some things T Raleigh has done and some things I do not like.

I do think we need to start playing better but it is baseball and a long season.

What exactly have you liked that he's done? And I mean baseball wise.

Its not long enough for the Vols to make the SEC tournament. It is however turning into a very long season, in fact too long. CTR must go!

to fire a coach in the middle of the season. Remember people we're not talking about one guy but a family.
If you have to fire a coach do it at the end of the season and give him and family a better opportunity to deal with it.:rock:

I really tried to give CTR my full support again this year, but it is getting smaller and smaller with each passing game and further fall to the cellar. Something needs to be done, just think it is too late to do it this year.

to fire a coach in the middle of the season. Remember people we're not talking about one guy but a family.
If you have to fire a coach do it at the end of the season and give him and family a better opportunity to deal with it.:rock:

How is it any better to deal with it at the end of the season? And he'll get paid either way and depending on this contract, probably has a buyout. Plus as a coaching family, you pretty much always need to be prepared to get canned; it's the nature of the business and it's not like he hasn't had plenty of warning. I don't even think Raliegh is dumb enough not to realize his performance has put him on the fast track to Firedville, even if he doesn't publicly acknowledge it.

I don't think it should happen until the end of the season but the reason you gave not to isn't a valid one IMO.

Barring a total collapse the rest of the way, I'm unfortunately hearing that he's getting another year.

Barring a total collapse the rest of the way, I'm unfortunately hearing that he's getting another year.

A total collapse from where the program is now would require LNS to burn.

If he is at UT next year, I question whether Hamilton cares about baseball.

Last edited:
When baseball starts offering...or volnation store starts offering a 2x jersey with good players numbers ill start caring about vols bb.

If you have to fire a coach, do it as soon as possible and give the players a better opportunity to win.

I'm much more concerned with the players that he misuses, then berates for losing, then throws under the bus to the media every chance he gets, than I am that he might get his feelings hurt. The players are trying. They deserve better than Raleigh.

Raleigh is going to get his paychecks from UT whether he's coaching the team or not. I'd rather he get them and not coach.

I won't go to a game next year if Hamilton renews Raleigh's deal...there's NO WAY he can justify resigning him barring an amazing second half of the SEC season

I won't go to a game next year if Hamilton renews Raleigh's deal...there's NO WAY he can justify resigning him barring an amazing second half of the SEC season

I completely understand your sentiments. I have not been to a game myself since the second weekend and my family appreciates my being around the house as I normally missed 1-2 home games a season, and attended games in Nashville, Lexington, Athens, Columbia, and Auburn. Heck I have even been to ETSU, Tennessee Tech, MTSU, Carson-Newman, Western Carolina, etc.

Now. Not even considering.

BRINGING BACK RALEIGH REQUIRES MORE THAN DOING NOTHING. Since this is Raleigh's last season under contract, I believe Mike Hamilton will have to tender another contract. (I think I'm right there)

And when was the last time you saw a one-year contract for a head coach at UT or anywhere?

I think Mike Hamilton has to find a new coach after 2010 season is over. He can't give Raleigh a 2-3 year contract for what has been accomplished so far.

The only positive under Raleigh has been the improvement in team's APR. Every other stat is worse. Attendance is down. Record is worse. And the coach is obviously in over his head and is thrashing.

The best thing he could do for the athletic department, for the baseball team and even for Todd Raleigh is to make the change.

2011 will be a clean slate for whatever coach takes the job. New facilities. Decent talent. Full bank of scholarships. No buyouts. Better economy.

Bringing back a overwhelmed, under qualified, immature and drowning coach accomplishes nothing and pushes back the fresh start at least 1 year.

Then Mike Hamilton loses the fan appeal of the new stadium. Potentially loses the high APR and makes several young men who PAY to play baseball at UT very miserable.

You can count the number of long-time baseball fans who want to bring Raleigh back on one-hand. (Maybe less)

Why piss off your support?

I completely understand your sentiments. I have not been to a game myself since the second weekend and my family appreciates my being around the house as I normally missed 1-2 home games a season, and attended games in Nashville, Lexington, Athens, Columbia, and Auburn. Heck I have even been to ETSU, Tennessee Tech, MTSU, Carson-Newman, Western Carolina, etc.

Now. Not even considering.

BRINGING BACK RALEIGH REQUIRES MORE THAN DOING NOTHING. Since this is Raleigh's last season under contract, I believe Mike Hamilton will have to tender another contract. (I think I'm right there)

And when was the last time you saw a one-year contract for a head coach at UT or anywhere?

I was told that his three-year contract was extended by one season at the end of his first year.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you said, because I don't disagree with anything you said.

I can forsee a couple of situations that would directly lead to a change. But absent those things happening, I see him coming back for another unspectacular season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back