Are Morgado and Forsythe locks to leave after this season???

BigOrangeVol29

aka UTVolFan29 on Twitter
I was just wondering how both are considered prospects for the June MLB draft, if both Bryan Morgado and Blake Forsythe are locks to leave the sunken ship known as the Todd Raleigh era at UT? I know Baseball America likes Blake at the C position, so I'm wondering how even if both are non-first rounders if they will leave especially if the unthinkable happens and Raleigh isn't fired.

I think Morgado, barring injury or late-season collapse, is a lock to go. He was drafted in the 3rd round last year and has definitely improved his stock. I don't think there's anything more that he can do. If his team could find some hits on Friday nights, he'd be a contender for the best pitcher in the conference.

Forsythe is a real question. It'll depend on where he's drafted. He and Raleigh seem to have a good relationship (as do most guys, its not nearly as fractured as many here would lead you to believe), so he's not dying to get out.

Forsythe's had an awful year so far...hitting under .250 which is just TERRIBLE in college...I'd imagine he stays unless he finishes the year really strong....Morgado's a LOCK to leave

This team would do really good next yr. If Morgado Forsythe Liles Hawn and Polk would stick around.

I think Morgado, barring injury or late-season collapse, is a lock to go. He was drafted in the 3rd round last year and has definitely improved his stock. I don't think there's anything more that he can do. If his team could find some hits on Friday nights, he'd be a contender for the best pitcher in the conference.

Forsythe is a real question. It'll depend on where he's drafted. He and Raleigh seem to have a good relationship (as do most guys, its not nearly as fractured as many here would lead you to believe), so he's not dying to get out.

Don't know where you get that most players have a good relationship with Raleigh. That's just not true.

Don't know where you get that most players have a good relationship with Raleigh. That's just not true.

I guess we have different people that we talk to, then. My experience is that with the CURRENT players, there is fairly decent chemistry with the players and the head coach.

Given my time posting here, Deer has proven he knows what he is talking about when it comes to the programs at UT.

I guess we have different people that we talk to, then. My experience is that with the CURRENT players, there is fairly decent chemistry with the players and the head coach.

Yes I think we do talk to different people. The people I talk to think the players dislike-hate him but tolerate him and attempt to get along to avoid being his next target.

Yes I think we do talk to different people. The people I talk to think the players dislike-hate him but tolerate him and attempt to get along to avoid being his next target.
This is much closer to the way it actually is.

All I'm saying is, the monster that some portray him as is an image that's overblown. The assistants yell a lot more at practice and in the dugouts than CTR does. I didn't see too many people complaining when Lane Kiffin or Bruce Pearl berated players.

All I'm saying is, the monster that some portray him as is an image that's overblown. The assistants yell a lot more at practice and in the dugouts than CTR does. I didn't see too many people complaining when Lane Kiffin or Bruce Pearl berated players.
Bobby Knight would be a better example. He cussed his players like dawgs. However Knight's players would run through a brick wall for him. What's the difference? Maybe it's the fact that kids KNOW whether or not your intentions are good. Such as teaching a lesson that will make you a better ball player. My boy Raleigh is without a doubt much more laid back this year. He only really rides 3 or 4 guys on the team. Lol! I don't think a brick wall has anything to worry about in the UT dugout.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back