Vols Fall in Tight Contest to No. 8 Florida, 4-2

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee baseball team battled to the end, bringing the tying run to the plate three times in the bottom of the ninth, but it just never could get that one key hit it needed all night, eventually falling 4-2 to No. 8 Florida in front of a season-high 2,519 fans on Friday night at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

a not so great defensive effort..while struggling at the plate equals loss. A great effort by our pitchers tonight. They had some really good stuff. Couldn't get the big hit and when we hit the ball hard it was right at someone..

lets try to get the next two

I was at the game...tip my cap to the Gators....their starter who came into the game with a sub 2 ERA was great and their fielding was amazing....their freshman SS made a few incredible plays...I heard later on the radio he's had NO errors in 125 chances at SS

I think the Vols have a good shot the next 2 days if McCray and Gruver pitch well...the Vols did hit a ton of balls hard but right at people

I was at the game...tip my cap to the Gators....their starter who came into the game with a sub 2 ERA was great and their fielding was amazing....their freshman SS made a few incredible plays...I heard later on the radio he's had NO errors in 125 chances at SS

That diving catch he made in the sixth, I believe, was one of the best plays I've seen an infielder make in a very long time. He's pretty incredible.

The diving catch along with the diving stop and then the really long throw to 1st....not many MLB SS's would make those plays

VN Store

Back