Luke Hochevar

Everything is eventually going to click for him.

Hope it's very soon.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If Greinke continues to dominate, the Royals have a very good 1-2 with a great closer in Soria. Unfortunately, their everyday lineup is the worst in MLB.

Was listening to him on the radio a while back and he said that one of the things he worked hard on this off-season was not tipping his pitches. He flashed great potential last season and if he can correct the pitch tipping he should be in store for a real upswing. I'm rooting for him.

I think Hochevar's biggest problem has been who he plays for. He's been a pitcher with strong groundball tendencies in the majors, and the Royals' defense more often than not is atrocious. Teams hit .323 against him last year when they put the ball in play, which shouldn't happen to a pitcher with his talent. People even hit .307 against Greinke when they put it in play, but Greinke also struck out 10 men every nine innings.

I'd like to see Hochevar pitch for this year's version of the Red Sox, on real grass with all their gloves in the field. He'd be tough to beat. If the Royals are smart, they'll put some people out there to catch the ball behind him.

Luke's 2nd start(4/12/2010) went as follows: 5.0 IP, 6 Hits, 5R(4 ER), 1 HR allowed, 3BB, 5K, 59 of 98 pitches for strikes against Detroit.

VN Store

Back