UT Drops Slugfest to Western Carolina, 14-9

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
The University of Tennessee fell behind early and tried to play catch-up all game against Western Carolina on Wednesday. Unfortunately, five run innings by the Catamounts in the first and third frames were just too much to overcome as the Volunteers dropped a slugfest, 14-9, at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Also: Vols unable to overcome early pitching woes - VolNation

Discuss.

I know a couple guys playing professionally right now who both started their college careers for Raleigh at Western Carolina and both transferred after no more than two years there.
They both have "an immense dislike" for Raleigh.

Funny how that works- players are berated and put down and eventually told they can't play there, yet when they move on, they are successful, and now both playing in the magical land of wood bats....Sounds eerily similar to the situation of some former Vols he has recently run out of Knoxville (i.e. Lockwood tearing it up at DivII Carson-Newman).

Seems to me Raleigh may be best suited for a career coaching JUCO- by the time the players are fed up enough with him to leave, it's time to move on to a 4 year institution.

I know a couple guys playing professionally right now who both started their college careers for Raleigh at Western Carolina and both transferred after no more than two years there.
They both have "an immense dislike" for Raleigh.

Funny how that works- players are berated and put down and eventually told they can't play there, yet when they move on, they are successful, and now both playing in the magical land of wood bats....Sounds eerily similar to the situation of some former Vols he has recently run out of Knoxville (i.e. Lockwood tearing it up at DivII Carson-Newman).

Seems to me Raleigh may be best suited for a career coaching JUCO- by the time the players are fed up enough with him to leave, it's time to move on to a 4 year institution.

Lockwood is loving some DII pitchers right now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This game reminded me of those embarrasing games that Fulmer gave us against inferior teams.

This game reminded me of those embarrasing games that Fulmer gave us against inferior teams.

That's a horrible analogy! Were you even there? You've got to get your shtuff together, Floyd!!!!

That's a horrible analogy! Were you even there? You've got to get your shtuff together, Floyd!!!!

I was there and the best thing about it was watching fb practice from the top of the stadium, oh and the all the coeds.

Big difference. Fulmer's teams looked bad, but they DID win. Fulmer's teams lost exactly one game between 1992 and 2007 like this--the one to Memphis in '96. (He had the Wyoming loss in his last season, too, but under the circumstances that hardly counts.)

I don't care so much if a team looks bad in winning, so long as they win. Raleigh's teams don't win.

VN Store

Back