Pat Summitt vs Geno Auriemma

volsof09

I know that these two are not the biggest fans of each other and never will be but I just wanted to know what are the reasons that Pat hates Geno. I really never understood the Rivalry until that OTL Documentary.

Its it just because of the Maya Moore controversy.

She's jus mad because Geno is a better coach and gets the recruits...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He has a very good chance to tie it up in the NC department next year...who would have predicted that after '98 when it was 6-1 Summitt?

Yeah, they claimed # 7 tonight, so he's only one behind now. With the two new players and the 3 coming off medical, UT LV's will have a lot more options available to them next season. I think they'll go all the way.

She's jus mad because Geno is a better coach and gets the recruits...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

False. They've never liked each other much, but it truely heated up when UCONN committed a recuiting violation during Maya's recruitment. Pat, thought they cheated to get her and were not punished by NCAA either. Since then, Pat cancelled the annual match up between the two.

Pat has also been coaching alot longer than Geno. I hate to say it but he has indeed had more success.

Who cares though.

An 80% winning percentage over 20 years is far more impressive in my book.

Not to mention Pat Summitt practically invented Lady's basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
Summit is the greatest Womens basketball coach right now. Geno may pass her in the next decade or so, but Summit is it right now. 1000+ wins is incredible

Pat has also been coaching alot longer than Geno. I hate to say it but he has indeed had more success.

Who cares though.

I would hate to say it, too. Only because facts and stats don't support it. he has had more recent success, though.

I would hate to say it, too. Only because facts and stats don't support it. he has had more recent success, though.

By the time Geno has coached as many years as Pat he could have 10 NC's. Only time will tell. Lets hope Pat can bring in a few more.

Is it wrong for me to have less respect for a man winning in women's bball than a woman doing it?

Geno hasn't had to coach one game since he got Maya Moore. One player can make that much difference in the women's game. In my opinion, it has to be the tactics he used to get her to come to UCONN that caused the series to end. I'd like to hear an official story about it instead of biased rumors though.

pat needs to rehire demoss..when she moved on the talent level started dropping...less talent equals more wins for uconn

Geno runs a better program. Pat put womens basketball on the map. Geno is taking it to the next level. Geno is playing to win. As far a coaching ability, it is even. Go ahead and place a statue of Geno down on Hall of Fame drive!

Is it wrong for me to have less respect for a man winning in women's bball than a woman doing it?

That's not wrong. I feel the same way. Women can't get a job coaching men so it's kind of embarrassing when men coach women. Geno Auriemma... can't get a men's coaching job because he isn't one. Could be a slogan.

Seriously though, as a man... I don't think I'd want the label "women's champion".

To me it is like being the greatest minor league player of all time. You have to be really good to have that label but is that really what you want?

VN Store

Back