SEC Tournament Championship Game the Lady Vols vs Ky

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
the game starts Sunday at 6:30 Est,the game will be on ESPN2, the game is listed on ESPN 360 also,hopefully someone will have a link to a stream too, you know who you are :)

Go Lady Vols

Congrats to the Lady Vols! I know they'll beat the Lady Wildcats and win the SEC tourney and get a #1 seed in the NCAA women's tourney. GO LADY VOLS! Lady Vols by 10 over UK!

As predicted by me (and probably thousands of other people) it's UT vs UK on Sunday. Here's what I would like to see tomorrow. UT beat UK by at least 30 points. That won't happen 'cause Pat will empty the bench like she did against them in the last game. That game would have been a 30 point win had she not done that. But, she let Mitchell and company off the hook at the end. I would like to see the Lady Vols hold A'dia Mathias and Victoria Dunlap to less than 8 points each. This game will be coached by an all Tennessee staff on both sides. All of UK coaches have either worked for or played for Pat Summitt. How's that for a connection. If the Lady Vols keep it turned up, UK has no chance. And, that's the way it should be. They need to stuff UK tomorrow.

I didn't know that UK is an all CPS team coached team,but CPS has coaches everywhere that are former players and coaches,who was that coach they were talking about the other night?I think he was a GA with the Lady Vols and the first meeting or practice he had with the team he was late and had to beg CPS from firing him on the spot,I believe he is the HC at that team now

I didn't hear that one about her. There's a million Pat stories. I know it's not the GA coach. He's the same age as Pat. But, he is from TN. Born in Maryville, went to school at Friendsville, I think. Then, State Tech or something like that and Dooley, GA, hired him at age 26 for the coaching job. So, he is, TN talent. Andy Landers.

I didn't know that UK is an all CPS team coached team,but CPS has coaches everywhere that are former players and coaches,who was that coach they were talking about the other night?I think he was a GA with the Lady Vols and the first meeting or practice he had with the team he was late and had to beg CPS from firing him on the spot,I believe he is the HC at that team now

You're right. It is Mitchell, the head coach for the women's team at UK, that the story was told about. I believe he was a counselor at a basketball camp CPS had in Knoxville, his first day there, and was late.

I just realized that part of your post went right over my head. When you put GA, my first thought went to Georgia. Doh.:crazy:

You're right. It is Mitchell, the head coach for the women's team at UK, that the story was told about. I believe he was a counselor at a basketball camp CPS had in Knoxville, his first day there, and was late.

Thanks, I hadn't heard that one on him.

That's true about Mitchell. Kyra Elzy is one of his assistants. She was fun to watch when she played. Her long arms and legs were in constant motion when she played defense.

The Cats didn't have it easy tonight. Miss State pushed them hard and I think they would have won, but they just ran out of gas. Mitchell has Kentucky playing scrappy D but if we can keep our composure under pressure there should be some easy buckets. I don't understand Victoria Dunlap being the player of the year in the SEC. I didn't see it from her tonight. She couldn't even start for the Lady Vols. If Manning has a good game against Kentucky I think she should get the tourney MVP. She is getting better every game. So is Brewer. She would be my other pick. Can't go wrong either way. The future is bright on Rocky Top.

Can't wait to watch as we put down Kentucky for the SEC Championship and head into the NCAAs with a full head of steam.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Might be close the first 5 mins., but that's about it Vols will win big, and Smallbone will get some mins. again.

1. Hope the LVs have about 10,000 fans there.

2. Hope the officiating is tournament caliber.

3. Hope Cain and Brewer are in the game together for 30 min.

4. Hope Glory Johnson brings her "pro" game.

Hope Angie sets a 3 point record. But, I''m thinking her job today might be to blanket Dunlap.

Today's starters for Tennessee: #5 Angie Bjorklund, #15 Alicia Manning, #33 Alyssia Brewer, #40 Shekinna Stricklen and #52 Kelley Cain.

VN Store

Back