True Point Guard point blank!

volbabyvol

I love Pat i really do!
I dont know if she's to stubborn for her own good on this one we need a true point man and Stricklen is not it, she not a natural fit there no matter how you try to look at it or how much we try to make her. Way to many turnovers in the last 3 games should be enough to let you know something has got to change.

We need to get Williams and Bass the reps they need to compete now so when tourney time roll around they'll be ready! This is killin our team!

We have 3 liabilities, the last 3 years in recruiting have killed us! We've got to get that edge back!

But im behind them no matter what just stating facts

LADY FOREVER and ALWAYS!

Stricklen has to play point because Williams is learning on the job and Bass isn't getting it done. When Lauren Avant arrives in Knoxville next year, I think Stricklen will play a lot more off the ball.

Both Bball teams have been trying to find a true point guard.

It's not like both coaches haven't tried to recruit or train point guards, we just haven't hit it perfectly yet.
The guys have gotten closer, but its just in the last couple of weeks.

I'm a bit impatient too, but you use what you have.

She signs top prospects every year--but her talent evaluation, and that of her staff, leaves something to be desired. This last group of recruits is long on size and short on athleticism. She's only had 2 decent point guards in the last roughly 12 years--and one of those she had sign out of junior college to fill a gaping hole on the team. She's got to do better. Truthfully, much as I respect PS, I think after more than 30 years of coaching the game as passed her by a bit. I'm thankful she did land Parker as without her the Lady Vols would have gone a LONG time without a title.

Unfortunately Smallbone isn't it.
She probably knows her Bball, but she's not there yet.

I hear she's going to have trial by fire next game though.

Unfortunately Smallbone isn't it.
She probably knows her Bball, but she's not there yet.

I hear she's going to have trial by fire next game though.

Smallbone will never be more than a role player at best. The talent just isn't there. All she's good for is 3 point shooting, but we already have Bjorklund for that.

She signs top prospects every year--but her talent evaluation, and that of her staff, leaves something to be desired. This last group of recruits is long on size and short on athleticism. She's only had 2 decent point guards in the last roughly 12 years--and one of those she had sign out of junior college to fill a gaping hole on the team. She's got to do better. Truthfully, much as I respect PS, I think after more than 30 years of coaching the game as passed her by a bit. I'm thankful she did land Parker as without her the Lady Vols would have gone a LONG time without a title.

Sadly, most everything your saying is how I feel too.
I don't see any titles in the near future, not out of this class anyway. The swagger is gone!

They have no swagger because they have no clue what they are supposed to do on offense. Again, can anyone out there describe their offensive plan? And yes I know PS has been around the block.

ok guys i agree alot with what you are saying on the point play or lack of.i also remember Cait McMahan before she had to stop playing.i was really hopeing she would be with us.

lets not forget about Amber Grey,Vicki Baugh and Faith Dupree not playing due to injuries and brain surgery either ,I things would be very different if these 3 were healthy

lets not forget about Amber Grey,Vicki Baugh and Faith Dupree not playing due to injuries and brain surgery either ,I things would be very different if these 3 were healthy

but everything is so "do it NOW" these days. As if Pat Summit is somehow limited after winning 8 national championships in her sport. It's so arrested development to ***** about the LadyVols BBers. I blame South Park. :crazy:

Te'a may be the answer when she is in the fold next year. I don't like to talk about next year because I refuse to give up on this year. Next year, if Russell is able to be the #1 prospect, as we thought, Double D as a scoring guard who can also play point, Tucker, Middleton, Carter, Nared, and company, the Ladies have the potential to fight for an NC for at least three years. Unfortunately, there will be pressure on Holly a lot worse than it is presently. However, we are still in this thing this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't Pat specifically recruit Massengale to run her offense (at point)?

Yes, the first player Pat put in the starting lineup before she even arrived on campus. Immediately after losing to Notre Dame in the Regional Final she blasted her point guard play and anointed Massengale as the point guard next season.

VN Store

Back