CP - Violation of Team Rues?

DrDave

Missed curfew? Drinking? Went home to see mama?

What is the story?

I don't know the reason, but P.H.S. is surely a "no bend" coach. I can't disagree with her decision to sit CP3 for the 1st half because you know CP3 knows the rules.
However, under the circumstances, I would have liked to have seen the suspension postponed until the next game. I don't think that would be special treatment and it would not have so embarrassing to the family. Why be so hard?

Say it ain't so! Was Dearstone put on suicide watch?

It was a missed curfew. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

There was a lot of media coverage on this game because of Parker's homecoming. Chicago, major media market actually gave this little game some shine. For the sake of elevating the game's profile benching Parker the first half was a bad idea. Of course PHS wasn't thinking out of the box. Suspend CP for ND game, or something.

There was a lot of media coverage on this game because of Parker's homecoming. Chicago, major media market actually gave this little game some shine. For the sake of elevating the game's profile benching Parker the first half was a bad idea. Of course PHS wasn't thinking out of the box. Suspend CP for ND game, or something.

If there's one thing the Lady Vols don't have to worry about, it's media coverage. I think that Coach Summitt has gotten to where she is by sticking to her guns, whether it be the popular decision or not.

I can understand jennsd's point, though.

She was in her home town. She was in front of a lot of friends and family, who came to see their Candace play live.

But, then again, Pat was right in her decision to punish Parker, just as she would have punished any of the other players.

If Parker was out with her hometown friends, I'm sure she thought it was worth it to miss the first half of the game in exchange for getting some extra time with friends she hasn't seen in a while.

VN Store

Back