Nomination For Dumbest Post Ever

KTBKRUSHER

They play the worst fundamental game of basketball around.

for anyone to say that women especially UT to not play fundamental basketball is nuts...Women play 1000 times better fundamental basketball than men...its not all just about can i dunk, although some are trying to push it there.

WOMENS BASKETBALL IS THE FREAKING CASE STUDY FOR FUNDAMENTAL BASKETBALL...
I WON'T CALL OUT THE PERSONTHAT WROTE THE FIRST SENTENCE CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET IN TROUBLE BUT WE ALL KNOW HOW DUMB A COMMENT IT WAS.

Women's basketball is just a different game. Arguments about which is more fundamental are pointless.

Some people like it. Some people don't. Just leave it at that.

WELL.......... OK

i have coached both for 16 years though...

girls play fundamental basketball......
they listen and are very coachable much more than guys as a whole.

guys want to dunk...guys want to look good...
girls want to get better and win

Both guys and girls play fundamental basketball... if they don't then they will suck.. both men and women. I think I know what you're getting at though. I would agree that women play better 'team' basketball with more passes and solid play... but that's because they've had to. But - Women like Candance Parker are changing that. Players that can score at will through and over people like in the mens game, instead of having that perfectly timed pass for a perfectly executed layup or open 3, etc. As women get taller and taller and more athletic I think we will see the women's game become more and more like the men's though.

WELL.......... OK

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have coached both, coached boys for a long time and have coached girls for the past 12 years. I will NEVER go back to coaching boys. Girls play basketball the way it is suppose to be played. They listen and work to improve individually and as a team.

Boys just want the ball and to make sure they look better than the other boys they are playing with.

if you play the princeton offense like i did in college, you have to be fundamental. p.s. i can dunk too

If layups are considered fundamental then the women's game as a whole is not as fundamental as the men's game.

I'm not interested in hearing how bad UT is at free throws, that's one team (which there is no excuse for Ramar going 0-12, that's just sad). I can turn on any women's game and see plenty of missed layups.

How hard do they have to pratice after a loss. She shut the play room down one time ,THAT'S coaching and sending a message to your team.

WELL.......... OK

You complain about people making generalizations about womens basketball...and then you make an unfair sweeping generalization of men's basketball.

What's wrong with dunking anyway? Isn't the objective of the game to put the ball in the basket? A dunk is worth as much as a jump shot.

hi, i'm new here... :hi:

I appreciate both the mens and womens game, and go in knowing what to expect. I'm just as excited to see one of guys wreck the rim, as I would be to see Little Shannon to break somebody's ankles on a crossover on the ladies side. :clap:

I appreciate both the mens and womens game, and go in knowing what to expect. I'm just as excited to see one of guys wreck the rim, as I would be to see Little Shannon to break somebody's ankles on a crossover on the ladies side. :clap:

Welcome to the board.

:hi:

welcome

Pat may be a little rough on them. One loss doesn't kill their season. As I said earlier, I don't see the Lady Vols losing more than 3 or 4 games this season. The Lady Vols will be in the National Championship game this season possibly against UConn, Stanford, North Carolina, Duke or maybe another SEC team (UGA or LSU).

VN Store

Back