Sprang has sprung

peachstatevolgirl

Not sure if this is old news or not... Gabby Sprang is transferring to OSU, per her Instagram on July 22. Would attach a screenshot but I can’t figure out how on my iPhone...

Reactions: 1 person
Figured it out after all. I hope the Weeklys have a plan in place. I thought she was supposed to be the show, man. I was looking forward to seeing her develop and compete.

Not sure if this is old news or not... Gabby Sprang is transferring to OSU, per her Instagram on July 22. Would attach a screenshot but I can’t figure out how on my iPhone...

Attachments

• 770F1A2E-8565-482A-B61F-A5A0222DF53F.jpg
    770F1A2E-8565-482A-B61F-A5A0222DF53F.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: 2 people
The weekly's sure have had a lot of transfers out the last several years.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Figured it out after all. I hope the Weeklys have a plan in place. I thought she was supposed to be the show, man. I was looking forward to seeing her develop and compete.

Who announces their transfer as a commitment? lol. Why are UT Players liking this?? I thought she was a big thing coming. Oh well. Next!!

I was hoping she was the next big thing for UT softball. The SEC proved to be too tough for her.
She had trouble finding the strike zone & keeping the ball out of the dirt from what I saw.
Oh well, I wish her luck on her decision to transfer to play in another conference.

My guess? She got her feelings hurt and didn't want to work on her faults. green pastures always look better...

I still think the Weeklys should have kept her in the games instead of the early hook. Let her learn the hard way.

Watched her pitch every game...she has very serious control problems. Unless she improves drastically I don't think she can pitch at this level...JMO

Reactions: 3 people
I still think the Weeklys should have kept her in the games instead of the early hook. Let her learn the hard way.

She led the SEC in total wild pitches even in limited action. How many times did you want her to throw pitches in the dirt to "learn the hard way?"

Gabby's problem is not her arm, it is her head. During the Auburn game in Auburn she was warming up and she threw the ball over the bullpen wall and into the dugout almost hitting Marty in the head. The wall between the 2 is about 12 feet high. The coaching at UT was not her problem, she pitched great at all practices and scrimmages just not in games or warming up for games (game-day jitters). Much the same problem as Haley Bearden and hitting. At the end of each season players are given an "exit" interview and their position on the team is evaluated. Gabby had no place on the roster next year and was encouraged to transfer or get cut in the fall. They could have cut her then ( see Taylor Rowland) but gave her a chance to find a team without getting cut.

VN Store

Back