Lady Vols News (Lawson Coaching) Nice Read

Quote from the story, "Lawson’s name has been mentioned as a potential coaching candidate at the college and professional level, and she’s open to the idea of making the move.

I would listen to any opportunity that I think would further my growth."

Woohoo! She is a winner and an obvious future choice--a hard driving, success demanding bookend to our new football coach, who is just as driven. She is the true Summit successor (other than Mickey DeMoss, who didn't want the job).

Quote from the story, "Lawson’s name has been mentioned as a potential coaching candidate at the college and professional level, and she’s open to the idea of making the move.

I would listen to any opportunity that I think would further my growth."

Woohoo! She is a winner and an obvious future choice--a hard driving, success demanding bookend to our new football coach, who is just as driven. She is the true Summit successor (other than Mickey DeMoss, who didn't want the job).

Putting her on the Board is a good idea for many reasons. One that seems to stand out to me is if and when we replace out standing women's coach (use the term coach loosely) she would be right in place. That is to say, being on the board sorta locks her to our school and not a coaching job at some other college. I know she could walk away from UT but being on the board may help hold on to her,,,, until......

Reactions: 1 person
she has a long way to go to be a HC,I do hope she get's it done though

Look at Lindsay Whalen who also just stepped into basketball coaching without prior experience. Kara at least got into the USA coaching pool, was on an court coach before that, she has been around multiple levels of basketball both as a player professionally and an analyst (also with the Sacramento kings while she was playing in SAC and also working for ESPN). I live up here in VA and there are always articles how she emerses herself in basketball always asking questions from Scott Brook and other coaches as well as getting time with players getting their view points so I think she is staying close to the game in more ways than one. She not only has done this with the Wizards but she has spent countless hours doing video breakdown in preparation for both college and professional games.

I didn’t take your comment as a dig but I do think thigs she has done up to this point gets lost in translation because she has done a lot (it’s loke keeping up with Tamika Cathings they are always doing so much ... although Catch seems inhuman). That and she (Kara) is my cousin so I’m proud of her 😁

Don’t tell me you are trying to compare Holly to Lawson? Other than both playing guard for Tennessee...... maybe you think the fifty years in age and the game is the same as when both played? I only have to listen to both talk about the game for about uuummmm 30 seconds to make my decision. JMO

One thing for SURE. A Kara Lawson Team will PLAY and PLAY hard. These ladies going from Holly to Kara would die the first few practices. There would be NO let down near the ends of both halfs…......Coach Lawson would be great replacement!!

VN Store

Back