3271 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #16
sccshortstop

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Thanks DP. I hope she does well on or off the field. I am sure that coaching will not cure the yips. I assume the big stage may have been some of the problem and the smaller stages until college did not. God bless her!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #17
OrangenSC

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerPark12 View Post
She left, has not yet picked a new school or decided if she's going to continue playing.

She has the yips in games. Worked with coaches and a sports psychologist to try to overcome it. Couldn't. She was unhittable daily in practice, even after she struggled in games. Her bullpen sessions in practice and games were every bit those that you would expect of a top pitching recruit in the country. But when the lights came on and she was in the circle, she bounced one out of every three pitches. I've been in sports a long time, and I've never seen just coaching cause or cure the yips. That's a mental deal.
Man, I hate that for her and UT. I wish she'd give it more time, but there's so much I don't know about the situation. Just seems like if everybody would be patient and give her time she'd work thru it. It also seems this challenge and victory over it could affect more than just
softball.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 PM   #18
stllvf

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
without taking away from Gabby's decision, but in response to DeerPark's comment there are other sports where the mental stress defeats the physical ability. Many years back the LVs had a reserve that literally could not make a fast-break open layup and as a spectator it was painful to watch. Defense, passing not the problem, but not shooting. She became and is successful now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 05:01 AM   #19
Volfan2012

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Well same as last season two pitchers and a freshman that needs to be terrific from day one. I know Rogers has always had control but moving to this level from where she has played will certainly be a challenge.
Good luck to Gabby wish she had hung around for another season sometimes maturity can solve mental problems like she had last season.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 08:38 AM   #20
sccshortstop

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan2012 View Post
Well same as last season two pitchers and a freshman that needs to be terrific from day one. I know Rogers has always had control but moving to this level from where she has played will certainly be a challenge.
Good luck to Gabby wish she had hung around for another season sometimes maturity can solve mental problems like she had last season.
Seems we have had some bad luck with pitchers for several years. This could be true with other places as well I we just don't know it . I hope Gabby finds herself and agree if she could have hung on another year the light bulb may have come on. Maybe she and her parents gave up on us . I don't know if we gave up on her or not but something happened somewhere or somehow. Seems to be a great young lady if she was not happy she did the best for herself! JMHO
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #21
mtsuraider06

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
She is transferring to Oklahoma State.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 07:23 PM   #22
sccshortstop

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsuraider06 View Post
She is transferring to Oklahoma State.
Well not the big stage every game but still pretty big. We will see it this was unhappiness with the coaching she got or the yips!

Last edited by sccshortstop; 07-14-2018 at 09:13 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-14-2018, 03:24 AM   #23
Rickster

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccshortstop View Post
Well not the big stage every game but still pretty big. We will see it this was unhappiness with the coaching she got or the yips!
Or something else.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 12:19 AM   #24
DeerPark12

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccshortstop View Post
There was no point during the season that she or her parents were unhappy with the coaching she received at Tennessee.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM   #25
sccshortstop

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerPark12 View Post
There was no point during the season that she or her parents were unhappy with the coaching she received at Tennessee.
Great to hear and I as well as most of the LV softball followers wish her nothing but the best! I will keep up with her progress the best I can and hope she can beat OU every time they play.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM   #26
LA Vol

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
I thought she would transfer... though OSU was a bit surprising. Samantha Show and Sydney Springfield transferred there, too, so they're loading up on SEC potential. I hate that it didn't work out for Gabby at UT and hope a fresh start will be good for her and her game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 06:01 AM   #27
PRG

Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year Rogers named Extra Inning Softball National player of the year
Watching Monica Abbott pitching for USA team. At 63 and throwing at 72 mph..... brings back good memories! 🤔
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #28
GameTime

Wish Gabby had worked out here.....Nevermore.

Monica is the best.....
Reply With Quote TOP