Happy Independence Day

Rickster

VFL
For the patriot in all of us. What are you thankful for on this day? I am thankful that I have the freedom to challenge things that I know are wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
Thankful to live in a nation where me and my family can arm and protect themselves against evil people. Not many places on this planet allow that right to us.

Reactions: 3 people
I am thankful my family is well taken care of and provided for.

I am thankful that Tennessee Football will be back in short notice and that the Power T will once again keep our opponents up many a sleepless night!

After blood work urine work CT scans and MRI scans a colonoscopy this past year to make sure that the inside is is functional as the outside, I can honestly say, thank you Lord.... The body you've Lent me I think I've managed to take care of it ...let's go for another year.

Happy Fourth of July to all my friends new and old. I'm looking forward to basketball season like I never have before

Reactions: 2 people
July 11th 1967 fifty years ago and then some I had a 20 year old uncle in Vietnam. A young squad leader lay bleeding from gunshot wounds halfway around the world because his country called. He could've went to Canada, sometimes we wish he had, but he died two days later in a mobile hospital. He posthumously was awarded the Silver Star/Bronze Star/Purple Heart for his actions. Today I'm a patriot because of his story and countless others just like him, a scared tough boy from America did his duty honorably. I'm thankful Father God had me born here in these United States. For all it's corruption and faults it remains the best option.

July 11th 1967 fifty years ago and then some I had a 20 year old uncle in Vietnam. A young squad leader lay bleeding from gunshot wounds halfway around the world because his country called. He could've went to Canada, sometimes we wish he had, but he died two days later in a mobile hospital. He posthumously was awarded the Silver Star/Bronze Star/Purple Heart for his actions. Today I'm a patriot because of his story and countless others just like him, a scared tough boy from America did his duty honorably. I'm thankful Father God had me born here in these United States. For all it's corruption and faults it remains the best option.

It is indeed. It is a "country, of many realized dreams"

... Stories like yours of which tells of the sacrifice and horror

and a lot of good experiences in time-served for this country.

I was in the army during the Iran Hostage situation time-frame. In MI , Scanning for DFSK/FSK signals on a R390 receiver. (Using an Oscilloscope to hone the signal in and see if it was stacked). I played no significant role other than to scour the digital tapes and look for missed chatter or Morse code... (They were still using Morse code in some areas. I had to get up to 72 wpm). (Slow) ...But I enjoyed my time in service.

I was also part of the first few semesters of coed basic training at Ft Jackson, SC (drag-a$$ hill)... Floors 1 and 2, guys, floor 3, girls...It was both, weird and cool....Then to Pensacola for MOS training and then to San Antonio for Perm duty...

Ah Skate city!

I don't make light of your post dan4, sad that anyone ever has to die, but as you say, we can attempt most anything here in this country and it is because of men like your uncle.

I salute him,
Coach J

Last edited:

VN Store

Back