the Doldrums of Summer

Any news concerning training efforts of returning players from last season? A difference
can be made with work during the doldrums. Time for the vets to be an influential
example to the freshmen when the season begins. "Good Old Rocky Top" should be
a good place for running lots of rocky top hills.

doldrums my arse! lol

no such thing as summer doldrums when you have 2 girl grandbabies born 2 days apart.

Too much excitement fer the ole grandpa Gule. :)

Reactions: 5 people
Any news concerning training efforts of returning players from last season? A difference
can be made with work during the doldrums. Time for the vets to be an influential
example to the freshmen when the season begins. "Good Old Rocky Top" should be
a good place for running lots of rocky top hills.

There is one, that continually improved throughout the year last year, that will continue to elevate her game this summer...Can't be sure about anyone else.

But, I sure hope they are. If they can't find a good summer coach, I know of one.

doldrums my arse! lol

no such thing as summer doldrums when you have 2 girl grandbabies born 2 days apart.

Haven't done the granpa thing yet (My daughter is in her final year, getting her masters now...Upon graduation, she will most likely marry her present beau)... But I was titled "Great Uncle" to my niece's baby,,,I guess this'll prepare me for that event.

Hope everything's going well, G

Reactions: 1 person
There is one, that continually improved throughout the year last year, that will continue to elevate her game this summer...Can't be sure about anyone else.

But, I sure hope they are. If they can't find a good summer coach, I know of one.

Who? Meme?

Who? Meme?

Based on the growth I saw last year and the growth I expect to see this year I think she will add Dimensions to her offense and it'll catch up with her defense if she works as hard at offense as she does at defense over this summer. And I'm pretty sure she will

Reactions: 2 people
Do the Lady Basketball Vols in need of aerobics and personal coaching during the "doldrums" have information getting them in touch with a "coach?"

doldrums my arse! lol

that was a long time apart for the 2nd twin :)

and congrats

nah, you crazy ole mule. It was 2 separate mothers having one baby each... lol

During the "doldrums" is the time for every player to get efficient at playing every position.
Then every player can rotate rapidly thru every position while passing accurately and at
high speed while on offense. This is the way the pros do it when they have all bigs on the
floor. The great UConn teams of the past few years have done this. Certainly summer coaching might be needed.

Lady Vols softball.jpg

don't that look good ?

hope this link works :)

]<iframe src="Facebook" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

beats me :) but the FB link works

Last edited:
In days of yore Pat kept up a running program for herself. She could be seen running the campus area
and she ran some 5 K's along the river front. Do any of the lady basketball coaches set this example
now:rolleyes:?

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back