2642 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 06-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #16
cutiepie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeMojo View Post
Reasonable expectations = Not continuing on the Old Dominion/La Tech track towards irrelevance....
Amen! A few more years and we’ll be just like them. It’ll be hard to get recruits in the future if Holly doesn’t do anything with the ones she has and the few committed. Days are numbered...
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #17
GameTime

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
The greatness of the past is fast becoming a fading memory of what once was....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 02:47 PM   #18
BMvol27

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
For as long as Holly Warlick is head coach, the Lady Vols will never again be a respectable program. You can take that to the bank.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #19
sisaq

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvol27 View Post
For as long as Holly Warlick is head coach, the Lady Vols will never again be a respectable program. You can take that to the bank.
Don't hate me, but the expectation will be 9-29
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #20
Rickster

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
Play hard, compete, don"t give up and never surrender.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #21
LasVegasBill23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMvol27 View Post
Yes I am glad you said it..... The program will progress as a byproduct of how good the coaching is..... and to look around at programs around the country who have done well with zero blue chippers (Miss St, Oregon St, etc).... it has been evident for some time where we are headed.....

My expectations are.... to seek to be always competitive... to play hard every game.... don't play to give coach reason to say post game "well the other team just wanted it more"... to play team basketball.... and play for a common cause and not for oneself
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 10:04 PM   #22
NoBackBoard

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
My expectation is for the team to score against a zone, more motion on offense, better 3 point shooting and fewer turnovers. There is no excuse for the team to look so incompetent and shell shocked against zone defenses, which they see year after year after...you get the drift.

Does anyone know if the coaches are prepared for zones or will we hear the same excuses about a lack of effort and the team failing to put two halves together?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #23
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBackBoard View Post
My expectation is for the team to score against a zone, more motion on offense, better 3 point shooting and fewer turnovers. There is no excuse for the team to look so incompetent and shell shocked against zone defenses, which they see year after year after...you get the drift.

Does anyone know if the coaches are prepared for zones or will we hear the same excuses about a lack of effort and the team failing to put two halves together?
It's a secret
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 09:26 AM   #24
NoBackBoard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jumper View Post
It's a secret
Whisper in my ear. I won’t tell a soul.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #25
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBackBoard View Post
Whisper in my ear. I won’t tell a soul.

It is eerily like last year....No drama, no off-court theatrics, no open practices...total secrecy.

Doing the same thing over again, expecting different results...?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
VA_VOLFAN

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jumper View Post
It is eerily like last year....No drama, no off-court theatrics, no open practices...total secrecy.

Doing the same thing over again, expecting different results...?

Last summer wasn’t that the summer of DD leaving, Te’a transferring, and the fight heard around the world (Knoxville)? LOL, I dunno seems like time is becoming jumbled. Also Alexa transferred? All these things seemed like long time ago but weren’t they recent? I seriously am foggy about timing and this is a clarification question becuz you said no drama or anything but it got me thinking that that stuff was Only a year ago (I think).

Does Coach Barnes do open practices?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #27
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA_VOLFAN View Post
Last summer wasn’t that the summer of DD leaving, Te’a transferring, and the fight heard around the world (Knoxville)? LOL, I dunno seems like time is becoming jumbled. Also Alexa transferred? All these things seemed like long time ago but weren’t they recent? I seriously am foggy about timing and this is a clarification question becuz you said no drama or anything but it got me thinking that that stuff was Only a year ago (I think).

Does Coach Barnes do open practices?
the altercation was in season and DD and Te's exit stifled more drama than it created...Alexa left a hole, but it gave Meme a chance to flourish and grow.

Most coaches have at least "some" opportunities in the off-season to view the teams...If Rick doesn't, he should. . . . I don't know about the men because I only watch men's BB when women's isn't available or during the "big dance"
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 01:13 PM   #28
Prophet1

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
With the departure of your post player and No big to fill the void, the offensive schemes will definitely change.
Davis will not be the go to player,
Perhaps the senior Jackson will emerge
Or probably a newer face from the freshmen squad. All is determined by the offense which doesn't have the luxury of having Russell size in the post. Hallelujah.
The sport is trending towards a more guard oriented style like GS Warriors.
A guard-led team won the natty last season.
There are good guards coming in this year but with the coaching deficiency who knows. Holly hasn't a clue based on what she has, and seems stuck on old traditional ways. Muffet doesn't either but injuries taught her better or the ball would have been going to her big girl. Watch Vic offense circling around his post , he has no other choice. But it will not gain him the natty.
If Davis is your go-to then you need a Catchings to go along with your Holdsclaw.The only exception is playing Davis at the two.
Believe it or not Holly has better players and option then she has ever had. But you have to show your efficiency as a versatile coach in the fashion of a Boston's Brad Steven and that's saying alot. Maybe?
Get the best out of your players and
have some sort of damn system.
No system and there's nothing the players can fight and believe in.
The days of throwing talent on the court without a purpose/plan and believing you will win it all is long past. Here's hoping for the best.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 08:41 PM   #29
Amb3096

What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19? What are reasonable expectations for 2018-19?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet1 View Post
With the departure of your post player and No big to fill the void, the offensive schemes will definitely change.
Davis will not be the go to player,
Perhaps the senior Jackson will emerge
Or probably a newer face from the freshmen squad. All is determined by the offense which doesn't have the luxury of having Russell size in the post. Hallelujah.
The sport is trending towards a more guard oriented style like GS Warriors.
A guard-led team won the natty last season.
There are good guards coming in this year but with the coaching deficiency who knows. Holly hasn't a clue based on what she has, and seems stuck on old traditional ways. Muffet doesn't either but injuries taught her better or the ball would have been going to her big girl. Watch Vic offense circling around his post , he has no other choice. But it will not gain him the natty.
If Davis is your go-to then you need a Catchings to go along with your Holdsclaw.The only exception is playing Davis at the two.
Believe it or not Holly has better players and option then she has ever had. But you have to show your efficiency as a versatile coach in the fashion of a Boston's Brad Steven and that's saying alot. Maybe?
Get the best out of your players and
have some sort of damn system.
No system and there's nothing the players can fight and believe in.
The days of throwing talent on the court without a purpose/plan and believing you will win it all is long past. Here's hoping for the best.
A guard oriented offense only works if you have guards that can shoot, which Tennessee will not have. They will look the same as last year, except without a dominant 6'6 post who was a very reliable scorer, as well as a versatile forward who could score, rebound and defend.

Unless the returning Tennessee guards have learned how to shoot, then this will be a much worse team than last year. They replace their two best players with the weakest links on the roster.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM   #30
GameTime

What a depressing Thread this is....But sadly, so true.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP