New PN Rankings

Interesting Tamara Key up to #50.... Kennedy Brown down to #58 ??? Davenport #17 ! All along I was thinking Brown , Davenport, verses Key ??? Depends on if you believe the so called professional scouts !!! The three guards we are interested in (Horston, Jackson , Cooke ) ( # 2,3,6) don’t look like we can go wrong with any of them??? Our comitt (Saunders up to #89 )
The Rogers kid out of Texas (that we had a in home visit) rated # 36... she is a pg at 5’7”.... they have Horston at 6’1” listed as point also... same as our Evina !!! What would Holly do with two point guards at 6’ .... 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Interesting Tamara Key up to #50.... Kennedy Brown down to #58 ??? Davenport #17 ! All along I was thinking Brown , Davenport, verses Key ??? Depends on if you believe the so called professional scouts !!! The three guards we are interested in (Horston, Jackson , Cooke ) ( # 2,3,6) don’t look like we can go wrong with any of them??? Our comitt (Saunders up to #89 )
The Rogers kid out of Texas (that we had a in home visit) rated # 36... she is a pg at 5’7”.... they have Horston at 6’1” listed as point also... same as our Evina !!! What would Holly do with two point guards at 6’ .... 🤔

That would be 3 PG at 6'0" or taller remember we landed Jasmine Massengill this year

good analysis PRG.,

off topic but baseball draft brought out the malcontents who were dissatisfied with their team's choices. many want to fire the recruitment team, because they believe they no better having read all the so-called professional ratings and watched video-clips.

Reactions: 1 person
That would be 3 PG at 6'0" or taller remember we landed Jasmine Massengill this year

Do you have a preference between Horston, Jackson, Cooke, Beal ! We are short on scholarships so can’t take them all... 2020 guards look better ?

Do you have a preference between Horston, Jackson, Cooke, Beal ! We are short on scholarships so can’t take them all... 2020 guards look better ?

I'd prefer Jackson because of her size (She's 6'2"/6'3") and can play 2-4. I also like her team first mentality and I think it fits well for what Holly is looking to establish. I also am hearing that Cook and Horston is a package deal and the only place looking to offer them what they want is of course "Ohio State" (Both are from Ohio as well).

My preference for 2019 is;

Saunders (Verbal already)
Key and Brown, or Davenport (whichever 2 commit first)
and Rickea Jackson

I don't know if the Hayes sister has the same interest as before but I would be willing to take her as well.

So I would add possibly 5 in 2019.

My reasoning:

Harris could grad transfer and play somewhere else and academically Rennia could decide to do the same as she would essentially be a senior next season. I also like 2 Post in the 2020 class but 1 I think is not going to leave the state of Texas (Guthers) and I don't think Cardosa fits in with what Holly is doing (she's slower than Mercedes and Kelly Cain).

2020 we have to land Hunt, Goforth and I don't know why we aren't recruiting her but I hope we start. Angel Reese is a beast. IMO she's a shorter version of Candace Parker at 6'3" she can play the 1-5 and her high school team uses her at the PG spot often.

By 2020 we could look like this

Annie Hayes G (Sr) 5'7"
Evina Westbrook G (Sr) 6'0"
Rennia Davis G (Sr) 6'2"
KK C (Sr) 6'4"
Massengil G (Jr) 6'1"
Zay Green G (Jr) 6'0"
Rae Burrell W (Jr) 6'1"
MiMi Collins F (Jr) 6'3"
Saunders C (So) 6'5" (she's still growing and expected to be 6'8")
Key C (So) 6'4"
Brown F/C (So) 6'5" (she is also still growing and could be between 6'5" and 6'8")
Rickea Jackson W (So) 6'2"
Hunt W (Fr) 6'1"
Goforth G (Fr) 6'0"

I know 14 is a lot on a Roster and a lot to keep Happy but I think we can manage because we'd lose 4 the following season and with a remainder of 10 we'd only have to at 2 from the 2021 class to go with Bartlett if she remain committed.

I know wishful thinking but I like to dream big. And we should certainly (imo) see 1 or 2 titles with this team.

Reactions: 4 people

I would like Jackson she literally has worked on her handles and can play point forward, defend on the perimeter, defend in the post, and go to work!

Before the season end Tamari Key will be inside the top 25 mark it down.

Last edited:
Marked 6/5/18 @ 10:26 (east coast time)✔️

Thank You ! VA. I`m not sure why she is not inside the top 25 she is a very good player and is very skilled. I hope she picked the lady vols.

Thank You ! VA. I`m not sure why she is not inside the top 25 she is a very good player and is very skilled. I hope she picked the lady vols.

Body type reminds me of Izzy! LVs seem to be in on some good posts ! Even Emily Saunders made a jump in the Prospect Nation rankings. I love when kids want to be here and grew up LV fans! Players like her work their butts off because they know while they may be on scholarship they aren’t as highly ranked as others and want to wear that orange proudly!

I know we already have her but I think we will see a big difference in Davis this year. If you look at her HS numbers (yes this is a different level) once she becomes comfortable and knows she is one of the best out there it was a considerable leap for her from her freshman year in college/summer ball to sophomore year in terms of numbers.

I think a year in the program and hitting weights and she is going to be good this year like first team sec good and all American talk!

I’ll try and find the site that had her numbers but the jump between freshman to sophomore year was impressive and she is another one that represents and wants to wear that orange (that’s how I got off in a tangent on her😂)

Reactions: 3 people
sure wouldn't mind a couple 6' 6" to 6' 8" girls on the team that left their finesse at home...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person

Ruin their careers...

VA_VOLFAN response re Davis - I agree. Half way thru the season I felt that she was the fourth offensive option. Insufficient number of plays designed for her. (Holdsclaw in her freshman year her offense skills were recognized)

Kushkituah , I expect, will be a presence and for more minutes. she plays tough in the paint and should understand she can earn more meaningful minutes.

Reactions: 4 people
VA_VOLFAN response re Davis - I agree. Half way thru the season I felt that she was the fourth offensive option. Insufficient number of plays designed for her. (Holdsclaw in her freshman year her offense skills were recognized)

Kushkituah , I expect, will be a presence and for more minutes. she plays tough in the paint and should understand she can earn more meaningful minutes.

Agreed on both accounts!

I'd prefer Jackson because of her size (She's 6'2"/6'3") and can play 2-4. I also like her team first mentality and I think it fits well for what Holly is looking to establish. I also am hearing that Cook and Horston is a package deal and the only place looking to offer them what they want is of course "Ohio State" (Both are from Ohio as well).

My preference for 2019 is;

Saunders (Verbal already)
Key and Brown, or Davenport (whichever 2 commit first)
and Rickea Jackson

I don't know if the Hayes sister has the same interest as before but I would be willing to take her as well.

So I would add possibly 5 in 2019.

My reasoning:

Harris could grad transfer and play somewhere else and academically Rennia could decide to do the same as she would essentially be a senior next season. I also like 2 Post in the 2020 class but 1 I think is not going to leave the state of Texas (Guthers) and I don't think Cardosa fits in with what Holly is doing (she's slower than Mercedes and Kelly Cain).

2020 we have to land Hunt, Goforth and I don't know why we aren't recruiting her but I hope we start. Angel Reese is a beast. IMO she's a shorter version of Candace Parker at 6'3" she can play the 1-5 and her high school team uses her at the PG spot often.

By 2020 we could look like this

Annie Hayes G (Sr) 5'7"
Evina Westbrook G (Sr) 6'0"
Rennia Davis G (Sr) 6'2"
KK C (Sr) 6'4"
Massengil G (Jr) 6'1"
Zay Green G (Jr) 6'0"
Rae Burrell W (Jr) 6'1"
MiMi Collins F (Jr) 6'3"
Saunders C (So) 6'5" (she's still growing and expected to be 6'8")
Key C (So) 6'4"
Brown F/C (So) 6'5" (she is also still growing and could be between 6'5" and 6'8")
Rickea Jackson W (So) 6'2"
Hunt W (Fr) 6'1"
Goforth G (Fr) 6'0"

I know 14 is a lot on a Roster and a lot to keep Happy but I think we can manage because we'd lose 4 the following season and with a remainder of 10 we'd only have to at 2 from the 2021 class to go with Bartlett if she remain committed.

I know wishful thinking but I like to dream big. And we should certainly (imo) see 1 or 2 titles with this team.
Dream is all you will get as long as Holly is there. How long has she been there?
why did the program go down in the first place? She can not coach!!!!

I think a year in the program and hitting weights and she is going to be good this year like first team sec good and all American talk!

fan expectation is usually way to high on the freshmen,when they play a lot of freshmen it means there is a lack of quality depth

of course that is just my opinion :)

I do think Davis and the others will be a lot better this year

fan expectation is usually way to high on the freshmen,when they play a lot of freshmen it means there is a lack of quality depth

of course that is just my opinion :)

I do think Davis and the others will be a lot better this year

Good thing my comment was about Davis who is now a sophomore ;-) not a freshman and as a freshman she was pretty good. Her playing those many minutes was a good thing in this case. I’m sure the lack of depth at A&M didn’t hurt Chennedy Carter’s progress either.

Not being snide and not all the cases for freshman are the same of course so I get what you’re saying. My expectations for these freshman is that they will plus into certain spots and that meme, Cheridene, Lou, and the 4 sophomores will get the bulk of playing time with the others getting minutes on the court. I hope the freshman can be brought along slower than last years but I have a feeling we will have to rely on at least two freshman this year.

So my expectations aren’t super high for the freshman I just want them to be able to sub in run and press :)

I agree with you,I just don't expect much from a Freshmen as a rule,in football too and in other sports :)

VN Store

Back