Case for Holly!

Reactions: 7 people
Holly is a BASKETCASE when discussing her ability to coach basketball, period! She is the Lyle Jones of women's basketball.

Please stop with the idiotic articles! Fake news worthy of CNN or MSNBC!
:thud:

Spoken like a true Fox news fan! Lock your door- waves of teenage immigrant mothers on drugs are coming to take your guns and steal your precious bodily fluids!

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
Holly is a BASKETCASE when discussing her ability to coach basketball, period! She is the Lyle Jones of women's basketball.

You misspelled Faux Snews.:hi:

Reactions: 6 people

U told me. Moving right along... Nice read, thought the posters needed a break from the gloom of the board.

Fire Holly. Feel better now! I can't believe I responded.

I am an idiot for responding. :loco:

I back Pat and roll with Holly!
:good!:

Reactions: 3 people
Pretty good article. At least the title. I'm not reading the tripe, but somebody knows how to get people's dander up. That's one effective way to sell clicks. And it's working like a charm.

Run to the roar everyone!

Reactions: 2 people
U told me. Moving right along... Nice read, thought the posters needed a break from the gloom of the board.

The point about the change in the LVs recruiting strategy is an interesting one. In the end, board vitriol aside, this new strategy has to start delivery better results than the last two seasons. I think this season is critical. Some folks might have better blood pressure readings if they just chill out and wait and see. One more season of a mid-pack conference and not making it to the sweet 16 would most likely be the end of the line.

I am ever the optimist, so I believe and hope that next season the LVs will be in legit fight for a conference title and will at least return to the elite 8.

Reactions: 4 people
The point about the change in the LVs recruiting strategy is an interesting one. In the end, board vitriol aside, this new strategy has to start delivery better results than the last two seasons. I think this season is critical. Some folks might have better blood pressure readings if they just chill out and wait and see. One more season of a mid-pack conference and not making it to the sweet 16 would most likely be the end of the line.

I am ever the optimist, so I believe and hope that next season the LVs will be in legit fight for a conference title and will at least return to the elite 8.

Personally, I think she gets two or three more years with that #1 class. She's finally getting her players, that blank recruiting class is hurting more ways than one! Young guards, you are as good as your guards, our guards didn't finish the season strong. So, sophomore we can see if they have improved.

We may lack leadership, I don't think Fulmer sees this year as a all or nothing season, the following year would be imo.

I don' think Holly would stay on if she feels she is hurting the brand, and from recruiting, looks like the Lady Vols brand is still strong.

Personally, I think she gets two or three more years with that #1 class. She's finally getting her players, that blank recruiting class is hurting more ways than one! Young guards, you are as good as your guards, our guards didn't finish the season strong. So, sophomore we can see if they have improved.

We may lack leadership, I don't think Fulmer sees this year as a all or nothing season, the following year would be imo.

I don' think Holly would stay on if she feels she is hurting the brand, and from recruiting, looks like the Lady Vols brand is still strong.

She is getting an extension because Fulmer doesn't want to be bothered with any sport using a round ball beyond token acknowledgement. He want his "legacy" as an AD to be about football, and that is all. As long as they don't embarrass the university publicly, these coaches have more job security than ever before. Plus, she has the backing of enough former players that see going against Holly as betraying Pat.

I think I have a better chance of seeing a unicorn than Holly ever seeing herself hurting the brand. Eventually, the Lady Vols will be the same as John Wooden's UCLA teams. A nice history with about the same amount of future success and dominance.

Reactions: 4 people

You seem to roll with Holly a lot .No wonder you like her.

Reactions: 3 people
I could roll with all this article right up until the part about the program being on the cusp of returning to elite status. There is zero evidence of that; in fact, anyone who has been awake and alert the last few years can see the train heading the other way.

Also, I'm not sure the "be patient" mantra is without harm. I worry that we don't have two or three more years, a literal Holly decade by that time, to set things right. Fan interest has noticeably cooled already and attendance (tv coverage not withstanding) reflects that. So far, miraculously, recruiting has mostly withstood the downturn but that can't possibly last.

I am glad to see stated clearly the obvious analysis that the game has changed and our program, for reasons I will never understand, has been quite reluctant to change with it. I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that CHW is just not capable of making those urgently needed adjustments. Hope against hope that I'm wrong and she will snatch the program back from the jaws of irrelevance at the last minute. We'll see.

Reactions: 13 people
I could roll with all this article right up until the part about the program being on the cusp of returning to elite status. There is zero evidence of that; in fact, anyone who has been awake and alert the last few years can see the train heading the other way.

Also, I'm not sure the "be patient" mantra is without harm. I worry that we don't have two or three more years, a literal Holly decade by that time, to set things right. Fan interest has noticeably cooled already and attendance (tv coverage not withstanding) reflects that. So far, miraculously, recruiting has mostly withstood the downturn but that can't possibly last.

I am glad to see stated clearly the obvious analysis that the game has changed and our program, for reasons I will never understand, has been quite reluctant to change with it. I have reluctantly come to the conclusion that CHW is just not capable of making those urgently needed adjustments. Hope against hope that I'm wrong and she will snatch the program back from the jaws of irrelevance at the last minute. We'll see.

Ref: your reluctant conclusion.

You can't teach and old dog new tricks.

(or in this case it's hard to,,,I hope this is the case)

Reactions: 1 person
an article yesterday on the Apple CEO Tim Cook giving the commencement address at Duke. The Boarder redundant responses were all over his ruining the products/ company that Steve Jobs created. difficult act to follow it seems (smile)

Reactions: 1 person
And "deserves" 6 MORE YEARS to right the ship.........after all, actually winning games is not EVERYTHING........just ask the Bama intern.......

Or, UT could follow the same pattern of success that followed Fulmer's exit.

I'm not saying Holly is a great coach, nor is she immune from criticism. But, she is trying to fill the shoes of a legend. How often do they enjoy the same success as their predecessor?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back