Game Thread Lady Vols Softball SEC Tournament

Vines officially out for the rest of the season. Kept hoping she'd return for part of the postseason, since her medical RS is blown. We could've used her bat. Hopefully, she's full-go next year.

Maddie Shipman said she expects it to be an Arnold-Barnhill matchup today. That's a little surprising.

If the umps are going to call our slappers out of the box, I hope they call some of those illegal pitches on the Crow-Hopper of the Year.

Reactions: 1 person
I was expecting Arnold vs Barnhill as well. Arnold was less than 100 pitches yesterday actually 85 or so and Barnhill 105. I think Arnold at her best could hold them to 2 or 3 runs don't know how were gonna score. To many slappers that can't adjust and Lockman, and the freshmen will probably be overmatched. Maybe we can score like yesterday Leach and Gregg.

I was expecting Arnold vs Barnhill as well. Arnold was less than 100 pitches yesterday actually 85 or so and Barnhill 105. I think Arnold at her best could hold them to 2 or 3 runs don't know how were gonna score. To many slappers that can't adjust and Lockman, and the freshmen will probably be overmatched. Maybe we can score like yesterday Leach and Gregg.

The UT slappers aren't the only players being called out for stepping outside the batter's box. I have seen multiple players from other teams being called out also.

They're calling slappers outside the box more this tournament than they did in the regular season. Bama had at least three very costly outside the box calls last night. Haven't seen any illegal pitches called, though. And Barnhill crow hops most pitches. CJ and Holcomb step outside the box almost every hit. If they're caught, we won't get much production from the bottom of our lineup-- and we need it.

i just watched the replay of yesterdays game,great win by the Lady Vols and a great job by Caylan

if she pitches today,it makes me wonder what has happened to Matty

Our squad should yell crow hop every time Barnhill crow hops, which is most pitches...She gets away with illegal pitches all game long.

Reactions: 3 people
Changed out Holcomb for Bearden in today's lineup. Guess decided slappers stepping out of the box one less chance of that happening with Bearden. Bearden only steps out when she misses three pitches.
A little nervous with McSwain in the OF instead of Holcomb. Holcomb is definitely the better outfielder and runs down some plays that McSwain won't get to.

Moss and Barnhill are the starters. I'm guessing we'll see Arnold and Ocasio at some point. Hope Moss has her mojo back after that 6 HR game. If she starts giving up hits, we'll probably see Arnold pretty quick.

Really hope we can get the W. I'd love to see the LVs and SCAR in the final.

ESPN has been pushing SCAR and UF hard all week. They're pushing that underdog picked #12 agenda as hard as they can. It would be awesome if the LVs would just quietly take care of business and find a way to win.

VN Store

Back