Breanna Beal article. 2019 recruit

Joins Candice Parker and Tamika Catchings as the only 10th graders to win the award. Impressive company.

I hope we don't. I don't wish to see another talent go undeveloped in Warlick's system.

Let's work through the logic of this statement. You either hope that the LVs recruit no talent players or you would like to see the program shut so long as Holly as coach.

This logic is what I have referred to as the "hold my breath untll I turn blue" orientation of the anti-Holly crowd (and which other anti-Holly proponents have barked back that NO ONE is doing this!).

The writing is on the wall; Holly needs to either prove her critics wrong by getting better results or she will have her contract bought out and a new coach put in place. Next season, another mid-pack finish and early round loss in the NCAA tourney would be the trigger point.

Maybe that will happen or maybe the LVs have a strong campaign but one thing Holly has done well is recruit highly ranked players and that legacy (and the talent pool it creates) would be a major draw for replacement candidates.

Unfortunately, anti-Hollyism often skews into anti-LVism, as in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Let's work through the logic of this statement. You either hope that the LVs recruit no talent players or you would like to see the program shut so long as Holly as coach.

This logic is what I have referred to as the "hold my till I turn blue" orientation of the anti-Holly crowd (and which other anti-Holly proponents have barked back that NO ONE is doing this!).

The writing is on the wall; Holly needs to either prove her critics wrong by getting better results or she will have her contract bought out and a new coach put in place. Next season, another mid-pack finish and early round loss in the NCAA tourney would be the trigger point.

Maybe that will happen or maybe the LVs have a strong campaign but one thing Holly has done well is recruit highly ranked players and that legacy (and the talent pool it creates) would be a major draw for replacement candidates.

Unfortunately, anti-Hollyism often skews into anti-LVism, as in this case.
"
I don't think the "Holly is the rightful heir" group will ever be too worried about our results.

Reactions: 3 people
Sad to see how far Tennessee has falled down the recruiting ranks. These new generation players dont even look twice at UT anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
Top 5 Classes ? We use to have the Top Class , The Top Player ... Lets not be naive and act as though Tennessee gets to pick whatever recruit they want these days. Wake Up And Smell the Rocky top ! Things have changed drastically

Reactions: 1 person
Top 5 Classes ? We use to have the Top Class , The Top Player ... Lets not be naive and act as though Tennessee gets to pick whatever recruit they want these days. Wake Up And Smell the Rocky top ! Things have changed drastically

The top player ain't always the top player for you. If you get who you want you got your top player(s).

I don't know what CHW wants.
I only know what she needs :crossfingers:

Reactions: 2 people

Holly has done a great job recruiting good talent, I just hope she starts to realize her short comings and start doing a much better job developing that talent. Just bleeding orange is just not enough.

Sad to see how far Tennessee has falled down the recruiting ranks. These new generation players dont even look twice at UT anymore.

They do look twice at Tennessee, Tennessee just doesn't play the improper recruiting games that other programs play to land players.

Just like coach Summitt before her, Coach Warlick refuses to promise players or their parents (or anyone associated with them for that matter) whatever they want for them to come to Tennessee.

Which also explains why she hasn't had a massive set of transfers (and she wouldn't have lost one if decisions were made by Diamond and Cooper before Alexa decided to transfer).

Many of you (and I had to realize the damage I may have been causing) don't realize how the comments you make about Holly and her lack of whatever is leading to the horrible recruiting.

If you aren't fond of it (and I'm not saying you in particular) stop supporting until they get someone (if that ever happens) that you prefer.

Reactions: 8 people
They do look twice at Tennessee, Tennessee just doesn't play the improper recruiting games that other programs play to land players.

Just like coach Summitt before her, Coach Warlick refuses to promise players or their parents (or anyone associated with them for that matter) whatever they want for them to come to Tennessee.

Which also explains why she hasn't had a massive set of transfers (and she wouldn't have lost one if decisions were made by Diamond and Cooper before Alexa decided to transfer).

Many of you (and I had to realize the damage I may have been causing) don't realize how the comments you make about Holly and her lack of whatever is leading to the horrible recruiting.

If you aren't fond of it (and I'm not saying you in particular) stop supporting until they get someone (if that ever happens) that you prefer.

+100000000000000!

Mike you’ve so changed man and I love it! 😂😂 It seemed as tho you had a change of heart in Margo’s group too! I enjoy your dialogue there! That group is EVERYTHING a SUPPORTIVE, OPTIMISTIC, yet realistic fan would want. The #CCC is the best thing smoking right now 😂

Reactions: 4 people
+100000000000000!

Mike you’ve so changed man and I love it! 😂😂 It seemed as tho you had a change of heart in Margo’s group too! I enjoy your dialogue there! That group is EVERYTHING a SUPPORTIVE, OPTIMISTIC, yet realistic fan would want. The #CCC is the best thing smoking right now 😂

Yes it is and I actually had a chance to meet some folk from the program at one of the AAU tournaments and it blew my mind away. Holly has a plan and I support it 100 percent. I realized also it doesn't happen overnight. Muffet went 17 seasons between her first title and her next one and folk weren't calling for her to resign/be fired.

I see the vision Holly has for this program and I also see the hard work being put in and the type of players she is looking to add to this program, we just have to be patient as a fan base and allow her to do that and not keep expecting her to live up to the legacy of the greatest to ever do it.

Thank you for your observation and I have no problem admitting to making a poor judgement and as someone who has coached, played, and been around the game (definitely not at the level Holly has) it's easy to think we know it all. I had to stop being a "Couch Coach" and return to being a fan!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back