Daedra Charles

CincyLadyVol

Just wanting to pass along that former Lady Vol Daedra Charles has passed away. Read this elsewhere, but thought fans on here would like to know.

Heard she passed in her sleep. 49 years young.

I had not heard from her that cancer had returned, just that she wasn't feeling well. But on Easter, she said she was better.

Still in shock.

with a warm smile I remember my first conversation with her as a freshman when she couldn't play her freshman year (old rule) and she invited us to her intramural game. So many good memories of her playing with that passion that we're hoping returns.

a good human being

Reactions: 2 people
She was a truly special player and a reliable go-to force on the inside--a human power plant as she was described coming out of high school in Detroit, Michigan.

What she accomplished in only 3 years of playing at UT was so highly regarded it earned her the distinction of having her jersey retired.

Dae leaves many fond memories for us and is an inspiration to many aspiring dominating post players.

Last edited:
She was an amazing lady! Just warm and kind, always gracious, and fantastic with the neighborhood kids. You better believe they had her respect though!

Heartbreaking, especially for her son Anthonee.

VN Store

Back