An Important Life Lesson for "fahr" Holly fans

What we want is a successful LV program. As long as Holly is HC it likely won't happen. Pardon us for putting the program before a coach but whatever.

Reactions: 22 people
What we want is a successful LV program. As long as Holly is HC it likely won't happen. Pardon us for putting the program before a coach but whatever.

And just OOOOHHN more post demanding that Holly be fired or saying people should boycott games or saying that recruits should not come here will make it happen. If not one more, 50, 60, 70, 80 ad infinitum post will surely do it.

This 2 year extension can easily be seen as the ultimate trial period for Holly. As I have said before, a new AD rebuilding a FB program will not want to tease a hornets nest by firing holly. There would be a media firestorm. Holly haters can't see it but she has a win if 75% (had 25 wins this season), an SEC title or two, some elite 8 appearances all this with perceived burden of following a legend.

No coach with good options would necessarily want to step into situation that would result after her firing.

Now, you wait a season; if Holly does not make it to the sweet 16 (which would be three years in a row) and the team has another mid pack finish, then Fulmer could easily say thank you for your service but we need to go in another direction. Much less heat would arise under that scenario.

The extension also allows the LVs not to have their recruiting handicapped.

Reactions: 4 people
Unfortunately I agree with you madtown. Warlick is not going anywhere but I don't think an extension is a vote of confidence as much as it is a perception of security for recruiting purposes.

I'm not mad at Fulmer because there is no way he wants two transitins going on at the same time within 6 months on the job.

Warlick's record has not been terrible until you put it into context and I think most have done a really good job pointing out the numerous deficiencies with her.

I don't expect her to produce any better because she is as lost as Josh Pastner but replacing a legend like Bill Guthridge did for Dean Smith when it was clear he was a bad hire. She will last longer because women's basketball is not under the same microscope. Make no mistake though the program has that "low run swop meet" feel since she is in charge.

And just OOOOHHN more post demanding that Holly be fired or saying people should boycott games or saying that recruits should not come here will make it happen. If not one more, 50, 60, 70, 80 ad infinitum post will surely do it.

If you don't like it, scroll on by. :dunno:

Reactions: 5 people

Sighh, your response is a fast becoming a mantra among those who can never have too many fire Holly threads.

My question is why does this same logic not apply in reverse?

If you don't like my counter-thread, then "just scroll on by"

But that is not really how message boards work is it? :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Because that makes too much sense. I don't really follow the Lady Vol softball team, so you know what? I don't read the softball threads! Ingenious right? I guess I should also make a separate thread complaining there are too many softball posts. Because, you know, there is so much basketball activity going on right now and the whole forum really should cater to my feelings....

Reactions: 1 person
Because that makes too much sense. I don't really follow the Lady Vol softball team, so you know what? I don't read the softball threads! Ingenious right? I guess I should also make a separate thread complaining there are too many softball posts. Because, you know, there is so much basketball activity going on right now and the whole forum really should cater to my feelings....

Oh Darth, I am so disappointed in you. You can usually reason better than this.

As you should know, this is a not debate between interested and completely disinterested factions, as per your softball analogy.

The main camps are those who want Holly fired now (and are holding their breathe until they turn blue) and those who say, for reasons I outlined above, there is simply no way that Holly gets fired right now. Such a stance does not make one a "Holly lover" so much as one that is tired of how toxic the board has become. I have said before, Holly is clearly being put on a short leash (I believe you made much the same point on your don't panic on the extension thread).

So, no I don't just scroll on by when someone post about yet another fire Holly thread but may, present a counter narrative as to why such post are futile. And hurt feefees have little to do with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
"I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag,
I was schooled with a strap right across my back..."

Jumpin' Jack Flash -- The Rolling Stones

So, no I don't just scroll on by when someone post about yet another fire Holly thread but may, present a counter narrative as to why such post are futile.

In case you haven't noticed, one faction has grown significantly larger than the other and it will be reflected in the posts here. But by all means keep dispensing your valuable life lessons to those misguided souls until you're blue in the face (speaking of futility)....

Nobody is holding their breath until they turn blue. Those of us who know she needs to go simply aren't financially supporting the program anymore. And the attendance and financial numbers support that. The program will be a ghost town by the time she gets fired. And she will if the administration acts like it cares about the program at all.

Honestly I don't really care about the program enough with Holly as HC to start a Fire Holly thread, so your anger is misguided toward me. I don't post a lot here, and the only reason I even responded to this thread is because your constant spouting off honestly is just too much to bear sometimes. You piss and moan and whine about people saying 'Fire Holly' but that sure doesn't stop you from giving your time to start a pissing contest. You haven't changed a bit from your days on The Summitt.

I gave up being invested emotionally and financially a couple of years ago when it became crystal clear she was in over her head. I'm not mad at Holly, I don't hate Holly. I like her very much. She's a former player and coached here forever and is a hometown girl. She's a very nice and likeable person. She isn't, however, a good head coach. That should be abundantly clear to those with fully functioning brains at this point.

You're the one pounding your chest because Holly got an extension. Like, ok dude, if that helps you sleep at night, fine. It's certainly no skin off my back. Have fun attending games as we sink further and further into mediocrity, attendance continues to dwindle, and our missed FF streak continues to get longer and longer and everything Pat worked so hard for goes down the drain. But hey, your girl Holly is there, and that's what's important right? Who cares if the car is going toward a cliff? The important thing is she's driving it. That's all that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Nobody is holding their breath until they turn blue. Those of us who know she needs to go simply aren't financially supporting the program anymore. And the attendance and financial numbers support that. The program will be a ghost town by the time she gets fired. And she will if the administration acts like it cares about the program at all.

Honestly I don't really care about the program enough with Holly as HC to start a Fire Holly thread, so your anger is misguided toward me. I don't post a lot here, and the only reason I even responded to this thread is because your constant spouting off honestly is just too much to bear sometimes. You piss and moan and whine about people saying 'Fire Holly' but that sure doesn't stop you from giving your time to start a pissing contest. You haven't changed a bit from your days on The Summitt.

I gave up being invested emotionally and financially a couple of years ago when it became crystal clear she was in over her head. I'm not mad at Holly, I don't hate Holly. I like her very much. She's a former player and coached here forever and is a hometown girl. She's a very nice and likeable person. She isn't, however, a good head coach. That should be abundantly clear to those with fully functioning brains at this point.

You're the one pounding your chest because Holly got an extension. Like, ok dude, if that helps you sleep at night, fine. It's certainly no skin off my back. Have fun attending games as we sink further and further into mediocrity, attendance continues to dwindle, and our missed FF streak continues to get longer and longer and everything Pat worked so hard for goes down the drain. But hey, your girl Holly is there, and that's what's important right?

Wow, my Summit days go back about a decade since I stopped posting there. Never said too much about Holly back in that day.

So I am "pounding my chest" that she got an extension. Saying that this extension is the prelude to her being fired after next season if she does not get significantly better results is chest pounding? Really?

And why is Holly my girl exactly? My point has consistently been that she is on thin ice but Fulmer is not going to make a change under these current conditions/ So that makes her "my girl"?

I have posted many critical comments about Holly over recent seasons, particularly on the general point that her system is not working. Back in my Summit days, I was one of the few who suggested that the LV's lackluster offensive sets were becoming a liability in the changing women's game and that those faults were not going to be offset by doubling down on "defense and rebounding".

Your polemical vitriol is exactly what I am referring to. Right now, many posters-- like you- map everyone onto an "us or them" dichotomy, which leads to a lot of board toxicity. Either you want Holly fired right now (with no consideration about recruiting effects, transfers, or who would fill the role) or you don't care about the program and want the LVs to become another LA Tech. No gray areas or nuance in the dichotomous world. In other contexts, such thinking sparks wars.

And you are free to take your ball and go home but I still support the LVs. And even under Holly, the team has had some bright moments-- it was blast to follow the LVs for the first half of the season. Yes, it changed for the worse but it was fine while it lasted.

Of course I would like to see the LVs get back to the final four and maybe they will and maybe they won't under Holly. If it does not start looking more likely very soon, a change will happen but that process is going to play out over the next year or two regardless of how many more "fire holly" threads appear on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
In case you haven't noticed, one faction has grown significantly larger than the other and it will be reflected in the posts here. But by all means keep dispensing your valuable life lessons to those misguided souls until you're blue in the face (speaking of futility)....

Mostly true about ANY thread: the negative breeds easier, it just does.

After years of being a part of boards and groups, it is plain to me that folks find it really easy to let loose their fingers to express a critical opinion...especially in anonymity.

It feels clever and satisfying...

Once there's a tone of negativity established, the negative view comments can become ridiculous (bad facts, personal attacks, etc.) yet are mostly unchallenged by the masses. More positive posters are quickly jumped upon.

People write more when they're unhappy, but over time they easily allow the point of happiness to be unreachable.

So, IMO, the growing faction doesn't prove the truth of the FAHR HOLLY premise. It mostly illustrates human tendencies and the nature of message boards.

Reactions: 7 people

After years of being a part of boards and groups, it is plain to me that folks find it really easy to let loose their fingers to express a critical opinion...especially in anonymity.

Once there's a tone of negativity established, the negative view comments can become ridiculous (bad facts, personal attacks, etc.) yet are mostly unchallenged by the masses. More positive posters are quickly jumped upon.

People write more when they're unhappy, but over time they easily allow the point of happiness to be unreachable.

So, IMO, the growing faction doesn't prove the truth of the FAHR HOLLY premise. It mostly illustrates human tendencies and the nature of message boards.

Yes, it is easier to complain than praise. How many have asked to speak to the manager to complain? How many have asked to speak to the manager to praise? Anonymity has value, there is a reason voting is done secretly, but it also can be misused. If the decision was made that everyone's first name and last initial was being attached to their posts, many things (in both camps) would probably be expressed a little differently. That doesn’t mean there would not be differences of opinion, just the way those differences would be expressed.

Or just OOOOHNN more post intentionally misspelling the word 'fire' as 'fahr' will what, make us realize our opinion is invalid because we 'talk funny'? Our accent demonstrates an ignorant herd mentality involving torches and pitchforks? Call me a snowflake, but I find this regional profiling quite offensive every time I see it.

But cmon, its an internet chat board for God's sake. You didn't expect repetitive and negative blowhardness when you joined? I've taught customer service and its axiomatic that happy customers go on their merry way without comment while mad customers make all the noise. Human nature indeed. You expected something different?

What I'm tired of is repetitive posts telling each other (on both sides) what not to post. Never thought I'd actually wish for a "no board on board" moderator, but I'd truly love if no one was allowed to post about the board on the board. Also if one on one pissing matches didn't take up so much space. Can't you take it up on PM?

And of course, I just posted all about the board on the board. Need to go back and review my "life lesson" I guess.

No anonymity here,but I'm called coach jumper my email is coachjumper@gmx.com...

Last edited:
"The ultimate TRIAL period". OP, if you're correct the let sink in what just happened. UTAD just handed the job to an unqualified candidate with nary an interview to any other coach in the nation. After 5-6 years on the job, she is now getting a 2yr extension as a TRIAL period for her coaching ability. At the absolute highest level program in WCBB.

Let that sink in for a minute or two.

"The ultimate TRIAL period". OP, if you're correct the let sink in what just happened. UTAD just handed the job to an unqualified candidate with nary an interview to any other coach in the nation. After 5-6 years on the job, she is now getting a 2yr extension as a TRIAL period for her coaching ability. At the absolute highest level program in WCBB.

Let that sink in for a minute or two.

THIS.....point blank.......THIS!!

This is NOT a vote of confidence in CHW, it is a vote of convenience from the UTAD......

Wow.....just WOW!!!!......I have to give it to ya, your level of providing excuses is Pelosi level.......

VN Store

Back