Holly Extension is being finalized...

Holly Gotta GO. Fulmer knows nothing about how to replace a girls bb coach so this is much easier to do for him & for his buddy Holly. The fan base will stop supporting the Lady Vols which is sad.

Reactions: 2 people
The coach that follows Saban, Geno A, and Belichick will all be in the same no win situations Holly is in.

Reactions: 7 people
The coach that follows Saban, Geno A, and Belichick will all be in the same no win situations Holly is in.

But some can actually coach, bottom line is she is not a good head coach. But they are determined too learn the hard way. I want the ladies to succeed, but I highly doubt it's going to happen as long as she is here. And when she went off on the fans, that was the last straw. For one thing she made is sound like all fans were talking bad about the players and that was a false statement. Bottom line fans that follow can see that we aren't are very well disciplined team, we can't hit easy shots and we play consistently inconsistent. And the problem has been with her teams every year. But it doesn't matter what any of us say, she is gonna be here and fail and further destroy a once great program. GBO!

Reactions: 8 people

But Holly chose that situation just as those future replacements for the coaches you listed will too. Warlick can't control the fact that she is following a legend. What she can control is her approach and how she prepares her teams.

Most people have been fairly specific in what they identify as causes for concern. She needs to shed the assistant/"buddy" image and take control.

Fans want to see the team guard better in open space, contest (not surrender) shots, regularly take away baseline, rotate and help on defense (like we see the men's team do so proficiently), out-rebound opponents, and be able to attack a zone defense successfully. Develop and challenge players. Stop accepting repeated mistakes and turnovers by shrugging them off as youth. Hold players accountable. Reproach.

And before you say that that's what every coach wants, keep in mind that we are putting some highly recruited players on the floor. Many programs are getting more out of less. If we are losing in the second round of the NCAA Tournament to Oregon St. in Knoxville, TN, we are underachieving.

Go watch the men's team practice and teach team defense and take notes. Teaching team defense is not a fun part of the game, but it's necessary. Provide discipline. They will still like you and respect you.

Reactions: 5 people
That’s only true if all 3 stop winning like Pat, and they face a much more even playing field as they have more than 4 teams they play against that are competitive, unlike Pat.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunate for all the fans. Tragic for the elite athletes that will be coached at a level far less than they deserve.

Mediocrity is the new normal. Average is acceptable. Welcome to the University of Tennessee Lady Vol family under Holly.

Reactions: 9 people
Holly Gotta GO. Fulmer knows nothing about how to replace a girls bb coach so this is much easier to do for him & for his buddy Holly. The fan base will stop supporting the Lady Vols which is sad.

Hiring a replacement for Holly to be women’s basketball coach at Tennessee is literally one of the easiest tasks Fulmer will have as an AD.

Reactions: 3 people
As bad as Holly is with communication and confidence in interviews, I am really surprised that she closes the deal on recruits.

:thud::thud::thud:The success of recruits does not belong to CHW, it belongs to Shronna Reaves,
her assistant. Reaves needs to be put under a lengthy contract with a huge raise...and Holley fired.

As bad as Holly is with communication and confidence in interviews, I am really surprised that she closes the deal on recruits.

:thud::thud::thud:The success of recruits does not belong to CHW, it belongs to Shronna Reaves,
her assistant. Reaves needs to be put under a lengthy contract with a huge raise...and Holley fired.

I've read this several times about S. Reaves but don't know the story. Is this person the LV recruiting guru? Seems that she's working under the radar in regard to Tennessee fans. Maybe that's by design. Ya think? :ermm:

I know Reaves is recruiting guru, but holly has to somehow be involved.

:rock::rock::rock:Reaves is the LV recruiting guru.
Hiring Reaves by CHW is what brought the LV the #1 recruiting class of last year and another top class incoming for next year. It was not Warlick, but Reaves.
As a coach Warlick does not have the coaching ability to improve them.
Look at coach Rick Barnes and the men's program.
He took a bunch of players not really wanted by anyone and coached them "upward"
to their success. If you had that same type coach on the LV basketball team imagine what you could do with the material she currently has on the team...final four every year.

I've read this several times about S. Reaves but don't know the story. Is this person the LV recruiting guru? Seems that she's working under the radar in regard to Tennessee fans. Maybe that's by design. Ya think? :ermm:

Reactions: 4 people
I know Reaves is recruiting guru, but holly has to somehow be involved.

Yes, Mike099.

Player parents I've talked to expressed that their relationship built with Holly is one of the primary reasons they are at TN.

Assistants do the leg work in recruiting but the head coach seals the deal.

Last edited:
Hell, who knows. This year may be the year it 'clicks'. Our luck, Vols in general, she leaves and turns into damn UConn or ND.

Yes, Mike099.

Player parents I've talked to expressed that their relationship built with Holly is one of the primary reasons they are at TN.

Assistants do the leg work in recruiting but the head coach seals the deal.

That really worked well the year we signed a hurt JUCO(Green) and the other player that never plays(Harris) you know the year BEFORE Reaves showed up! That was the year we couldn't get any top player to sign with TN and a primary reason with 3 WNBA draft picks Holly still set the record for most Lady's Vol losses and why we can continue to make up the excuse of being young now since one recruiting cycle was wasted! Reaves came in and set the number 1 recruiting class and another highly ranked class while Holly signed a hurt juco and 3 star Kamera. Reaves is the recruiting superstar there or else after a Elite 8 they shouldn't have had to reach to get Green and Harris.

I'm not one to shoot the messenger, but these bad-news posts get old pretty quick.
Not everything that happens regarding UT is thread-worthy.

:rock::rock::rock:Reaves is the LV recruiting guru.
Hiring Reaves by CHW is what brought the LV the #1 recruiting class of last year and another top class incoming for next year. It was not Warlick, but Reaves.
As a coach Warlick does not have the coaching ability to improve them.
Look at coach Rick Barnes and the men's program.
He took a bunch of players not really wanted by anyone and coached them "upward"
to their success. If you had that same type coach on the LV basketball team imagine what you could do with the material she currently has on the team...final four every year.

Thanks for the enlightenment. :hi:

This really pisses me off. How do we go from sitting atop women's college basketball to barely finishing middle of the pack in our conference, with 3 or 4 HS All Americans coming in every year. Who's in favor of getting the Holly has to go campaign started? We can't sit around why the administration pisses away the program.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back