Deshields #3 overall pick to Chicago

Congratulations to a very talented basketball 🏀 player.
It was a treat to watch her play.

Reactions: 9 people
just tuned in who went 1st. Saw Kelsey, DD and Gabby and now Canada

Last edited:
Anyone in the know as to why Alvin Kamara was sitting at her table, and he was the first person she hugged. I didn't know they were that close.

3 months ago, I would have been shocked if someone said Mercedes Russell wouldn't be a first round pick. In hindsight, I don't think she did enough to earn it, so I shouldn't be surprised. At this point, I'm not convinced she's good enough to make a team, at least this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Las Vegas picks Jaime Nared with the 13th pick. They aren't terribly deep at the wing. If she can rediscover her perimeter shot, she could be the steal of the draft.

Reactions: 4 people
Guess they didn't get the "cancer" memo...

She wasn't a "cancer", just a highly talented player trying to exist in the frustrating Warlick coaching system. You could see it on Diamond's face every game, total exhausting frustration and you see it in the other players as well. Clearly after this season, Diamond wasn't the problem! She'll be great in the W and I know she'll feel great not having to carry an entire team and get blamed for every loss.

Reactions: 12 people
3 months ago, I would have been shocked if someone said Mercedes Russell wouldn't be a first round pick. In hindsight, I don't think she did enough to earn it, so I shouldn't be surprised. At this point, I'm not convinced she's good enough to make a team, at least this year.

She's not. The W is highly competitive and Mercedes is too slow and she just stands around. The center position needs to be strong. If she doesn't get picked, maybe a stint overseas will help her develop better.

She's not. The W is highly competitive and Mercedes is too slow and she just stands around. The center position needs to be strong. If she doesn't get picked, maybe a stint overseas will help her develop better.

She's gonna get picked in the 2nd round, no doubt. I just don't predict she'll make it through training camp.

I believe she has the tools, but not the heart, to make it in the league.

She wasn't a "cancer", just a highly talented player trying to exist in the frustrating Warlick coaching system. You could see it on Diamond's face every game, total exhausting frustration and you see it in the other players as well. Clearly after this season, Diamond wasn't the problem! She'll be great in the W and I know she'll feel great not having to carry an entire team and get blamed for every loss.

You would be amazed how many fans aren't bright enough to realize that....

Reactions: 5 people

If she had played for Geno, I have no doubt she would be a first round pick...

Reactions: 6 people
Minnesota picked a Korean teenage international post player instead of Mercedes. Ouch...she may not get picked this round.

Guess they didn't get the "cancer" memo...

Guess you didn't read Laimbeer & Pokey's evaluations and how they were concerned. A big reason DD went to overseas was to boost her college rep.
Chicago mgmt flew 6000 miles to meet with her personally.

Happy for DD. She will do well in the pro environment.

Guess you didn't read Laimbeer & Pokey's evaluations and how they were concerned. A big reason DD went to overseas was to boost her college rep.

She had no choice but to go overseas. She couldn't play in the WNBA, so what else was she gonna do?

Agree that she has the potential to be a very good WNBA player. Vandersloot will do wonders for her efficiency.

Reactions: 3 people

She won’t be required to throw the ball to Mercedes surrounded by five munchkins! 😈

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back