Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....

Advol

I could be wrong.

But it appears the same group of fanz that fought to preserve the Lady Vol Name, the Lady Vol Uni, Baby Blue and all are by in large in heavy favor of keeping Holly???

Tradition vs. allowing the program to sink to depths never seen before doesn't make much sense to me???

imVTCb4.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
I could be wrong.

But it appears the same group of fanz that fought to preserve the Lady Vol Name, the Lady Vol Uni, Baby Blue and all are by in large in heavy favor of keeping Holly???

Tradition vs. allowing the program to sink to depths never seen before doesn't make much sense to me???

Dead wrong

Reactions: 1 person
Really don't want to keep beating a dead horse since Holly is coming back and that is the decision fans will have to live with or find something different to do when the Lady Vols play basketball.
I am for everything Lady Vol except Holly being the coach but she is still here and will lead the team another season. I hope she finds a way to make the team successful and beat the Bamas, LSU's etc that we've been losing to in the last few years. I hope for success but have seen this movie way to many times and it definitely always ends the same .
We fall way short of where we should every season. So a summer to relax and then watch a few games to see if any of the players have improved and if we have any chance of being a great team again on the National stage.

Maybe this does some 'splaining.'
Recruiting failures have in part caused many poor game showings. Namely, recruitment
of posts nearing 7 foot in height. And this goes back for some time now. Recruitment of McDonald All American's is well done but has fallen short of total team need. Recruiters are paid big salaries and ___all___ year. A short bench doesn't get. Even great first team posts must have very tall back up due to the wearing offense faced

OP, you are pretty close. This group are the "superdelegates" of the fanbase. Not one of them lifted a finger when the Athletic Department took the #1(top 2?) WCBB program and handed it to someone nowhere near qualified. They have been $upporting the program for years and see themselves as the defenders of CPS' legacy and honor.

LVBB has gone from elite to only above average already. With this same philosophy we can fall yet another painful level. Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the Legacy.

It's emotions coupled with tradition. Those two make a pretty safe recipe for being leapfrogged by programs who actually want to do what it takes to win. You know, the same way our great legacy coach actually built the program.

Reactions: 7 people
Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the Legacy.

Wow! I mean wow! Do you think about what you type? Maybe school violence will stop when all the kids die; or race relations will improve when all the minorities die. I know you don’t mean that, but for heaven’s sake, think. And isn’t blue hairs a derogatory term the way you are using it? Would you use a racial, sexist, religious negative epithet? Pat would be a blue hair if alive; I am positive you would never dishonor the Legacy by calling her a demeaning name.

This board is getting so ugly the way we post.

Don’t get mad; I truly believe you are a nice person. Just think. EVERYONE, could we please stop all the hate and ugliness? We can support our team and disagree as to coaches’ abilities and posters’ knowledge. Let’s just quit crucifying them and each other. Surely we can disagree and still be civil.

OK. Now I’ll take cover.

Reactions: 8 people
Wow! I mean wow! Do you think about what you type? Maybe school violence will stop when all the kids die; or race relations will improve when all the minorities die. I know you don’t mean that, but for heaven’s sake, think. And isn’t blue hairs a derogatory term the way you are using it? Would you use a racial, sexist, religious negative epithet? Pat would be a blue hair if alive; I am positive you would never dishonor the Legacy by calling her a demeaning name.

Don’t get mad; I truly believe you are a nice person. Just think. EVERYONE, could we please stop all the hate and ugliness? We can support our team and disagree as to coaches’ abilities and posters’ knowledge. Let’s just quit crucifying them and each other. Surely we can disagree and still be civil.

OK. Now I’ll take cover.

Lighten up Francis....

Reactions: 2 people
op, you are pretty close. This group are the "superdelegates" of the fanbase. Not one of them lifted a finger when the athletic department took the #1(top 2?) wcbb program and handed it to someone nowhere near qualified. They have been $upporting the program for years and see themselves as the defenders of cps' legacy and honor.

Lvbb has gone from elite to only above average already. With this same philosophy we can fall yet another painful level. Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the legacy.

It's emotions coupled with tradition. Those two make a pretty safe recipe for being leapfrogged by programs who actually want to do what it takes to win. You know, the same way our great legacy coach actually built the program.

amen and amen!! Excellent post

Let a sleep'in dog lie, we don't need this misery til fall. Nothing gonna happen this summer so let it lie.....

Well said, but some of us just don't get the general idea you offer. It's like walking through a cow pasture in summer. It ain't too bad, unless there is some idiot kids who decides to kick every pile of manure around you. And the stench becomes unbearable, and you are quickly joined by every green fly in a 10 mile radius. There is no point to it, but the kids just can't stop themselves because it seemed like fun at the time.

OK. Now I’ll take cover.

Don't need to cover, kiddo.
I got your back.

Shout it out, when you're saying something everyone should hear

Sorry, SmallVol. You see what you get on here. And they feel great about it.

Don't need to cover, kiddo.
I got your back.

Shout it out, when you're saying something everyone should hear

Thanks to both of you guys. I just hate the way some postings have degenerated since we lost Pat. Lady Vol fans should not be divided between race, sex, age, culture, geographic area, money, athletic ability, or anything else. I have seen more misogynist comments and negative comments re age and culture on this board than everything else in my life combined. That is not what Pat would want for her fans.

You two are pretty much diametrically opposed on many things, but I know both of you, and there is no question you both love the LV. Your disagreements get strong, but neither of you go into rants without thinking or deteriorating into nothing but name calling.

I know we have trolls who hide behind anonymity, but some posters just don’t think what they are actually saying before they hit the submit button; if they did, they would reword or even not submit the post. I guess we all should hit preview, read, and wait 5 minutes before submitting 😃. As Mama would say, “anything for peace in the family”, and also as Mama would say, “play nice”😍.

Reactions: 4 people
OP, you are pretty close. This group are the "superdelegates" of the fanbase. Not one of them lifted a finger when the Athletic Department took the #1(top 2?) WCBB program and handed it to someone nowhere near qualified. They have been $upporting the program for years and see themselves as the defenders of CPS' legacy and honor.

LVBB has gone from elite to only above average already. With this same philosophy we can fall yet another painful level. Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the Legacy.

Speaking for my fellow blue hairs, how many is enough? And I hope this was supposed to be blue font.

VN Store

Back