1619 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 04-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
livefaith

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
OP, you are pretty close. This group are the "superdelegates" of the fanbase. Not one of them lifted a finger when the Athletic Department took the #1(top 2?) WCBB program and handed it to someone nowhere near qualified. They have been $upporting the program for years and see themselves as the defenders of CPS' legacy and honor.

LVBB has gone from elite to only above average already. With this same philosophy we can fall yet another painful level. Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the Legacy.

It's emotions coupled with tradition. Those two make a pretty safe recipe for being leapfrogged by programs who actually want to do what it takes to win. You know, the same way our great legacy coach actually built the program.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #17
Smallvol#1
MarchMatters

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by livefaith View Post
Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the Legacy.
Wow! I mean wow! Do you think about what you type? Maybe school violence will stop when all the kids die; or race relations will improve when all the minorities die. I know you donít mean that, but for heavenís sake, think. And isnít blue hairs a derogatory term the way you are using it? Would you use a racial, sexist, religious negative epithet? Pat would be a blue hair if alive; I am positive you would never dishonor the Legacy by calling her a demeaning name.

This board is getting so ugly the way we post.

Donít get mad; I truly believe you are a nice person. Just think. EVERYONE, could we please stop all the hate and ugliness? We can support our team and disagree as to coachesí abilities and postersí knowledge. Letís just quit crucifying them and each other. Surely we can disagree and still be civil.

OK. Now Iíll take cover.
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #18
T-TownVol

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallvol#1 View Post
Wow! I mean wow! Do you think about what you type? Maybe school violence will stop when all the kids die; or race relations will improve when all the minorities die. I know you donít mean that, but for heavenís sake, think. And isnít blue hairs a derogatory term the way you are using it? Would you use a racial, sexist, religious negative epithet? Pat would be a blue hair if alive; I am positive you would never dishonor the Legacy by calling her a demeaning name.

Donít get mad; I truly believe you are a nice person. Just think. EVERYONE, could we please stop all the hate and ugliness? We can support our team and disagree as to coachesí abilities and postersí knowledge. Letís just quit crucifying them and each other. Surely we can disagree and still be civil.

OK. Now Iíll take cover.
Lighten up Francis....
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2018, 07:18 AM   #19
Advol

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Quote:
op, you are pretty close. This group are the "superdelegates" of the fanbase. Not one of them lifted a finger when the athletic department took the #1(top 2?) wcbb program and handed it to someone nowhere near qualified. They have been $upporting the program for years and see themselves as the defenders of cps' legacy and honor.

Lvbb has gone from elite to only above average already. With this same philosophy we can fall yet another painful level. Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the legacy.

It's emotions coupled with tradition. Those two make a pretty safe recipe for being leapfrogged by programs who actually want to do what it takes to win. You know, the same way our great legacy coach actually built the program.
amen and amen!! Excellent post
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2018, 09:16 AM   #20
TNnative
Phil is back!

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahfan View Post
Let a sleep'in dog lie, we don't need this misery til fall. Nothing gonna happen this summer so let it lie.....
Well said, but some of us just don't get the general idea you offer. It's like walking through a cow pasture in summer. It ain't too bad, unless there is some idiot kids who decides to kick every pile of manure around you. And the stench becomes unbearable, and you are quickly joined by every green fly in a 10 mile radius. There is no point to it, but the kids just can't stop themselves because it seemed like fun at the time.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #21
1CHATTVOL
aka IVY LEAGUE

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Sorry, SmallVol. You see what you get on here. And they feel great about it.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2018, 01:03 PM   #22
T-TownVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CHATTVOL View Post
Hello "POT"......
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #23
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

Lady Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallvol#1 View Post

OK. Now Iíll take cover.
Don't need to cover, kiddo.
I got your back.

Shout it out, when you're saying something everyone should hear
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #24
Smallvol#1
MarchMatters

Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me.... Can someone "splain" sumthin to me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CHATTVOL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Jumper View Post
Don't need to cover, kiddo.
I got your back.

Shout it out, when you're saying something everyone should hear
Thanks to both of you guys. I just hate the way some postings have degenerated since we lost Pat. Lady Vol fans should not be divided between race, sex, age, culture, geographic area, money, athletic ability, or anything else. I have seen more misogynist comments and negative comments re age and culture on this board than everything else in my life combined. That is not what Pat would want for her fans.

You two are pretty much diametrically opposed on many things, but I know both of you, and there is no question you both love the LV. Your disagreements get strong, but neither of you go into rants without thinking or deteriorating into nothing but name calling.

I know we have trolls who hide behind anonymity, but some posters just donít think what they are actually saying before they hit the submit button; if they did, they would reword or even not submit the post. I guess we all should hit preview, read, and wait 5 minutes before submitting 😃. As Mama would say, ďanything for peace in the familyĒ, and also as Mama would say, ďplay niceĒ😍.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #25
volfanecs
The Last Fulmerite

Quote:
OP, you are pretty close. This group are the "superdelegates" of the fanbase. Not one of them lifted a finger when the Athletic Department took the #1(top 2?) WCBB program and handed it to someone nowhere near qualified. They have been $upporting the program for years and see themselves as the defenders of CPS' legacy and honor.

LVBB has gone from elite to only above average already. With this same philosophy we can fall yet another painful level. Doubt the necessary change is made until we sink a little further and enough blue hairs either die or finally realize this or worse is no way to honor the Legacy.

Speaking for my fellow blue hairs, how many is enough? And I hope this was supposed to be blue font.
Reply With Quote TOP