Next Season...

If Kamera doesn't transfer, we will have 9 players on the roster at least 6' tall or over...

Having a bunch of 6 foot plus players does not overcome questionable coaching. We have had a good number of 6 footers including a 6’ 6” former Gatorade High School All American, player of the year, where exactly did that get us?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, but you can't get anywhere with 8 6-footers. You have to have 9. Nine's the magic number! (Snicker, Snicker)

Reactions: 1 person
Kamera certainly would be great to have...maybe Dormandy wouldn't have transferred.

And we will have 7 McDonald's All-Americans on the squad next year as opposed to a paltry 6 that we suffered with this past season!

Finally things are falling into place! Maybe our dearth of talent is a thing of the past.
;) :thud:

Having a bunch of 6 foot plus players does not overcome questionable coaching. We have had a good number of 6 footers including a 6’ 6” former Gatorade High School All American, player of the year, where exactly did that get us?

We could have the best WNBA team, it come's down to coaching. It's hard for some fans to get it.

Last edited:
We could have the best WNBA team, it come's down to coaching. It's hard for some fans to get it.

Not just coaching but the coaching mix. The chemistry of a team is super important but the chemistry of the coaching staff is equally so. If your assistance have your back 100% And they see your vision a hundred percent you going to do well but if there's any question whatsoever in their mind you will not get a hundred percent of their effort and of their abilities because they're always be a question in their mind as to that one thing that keeps them from getting a hundred percent behind you

Question....do we have anyone who can shoot the ball for a good percentage? The last 3 years we've shot 30.7%, 33.7% and 25.4% from three....that needs a lot of improvement.

Reactions: 3 people
Question....do we have anyone who can shoot the ball for a good percentage? The last 3 years we've shot 30.7%, 33.7% and 25.4% from three....that needs a lot of improvement.

With all of your statistics on why Holly is a bad coach, it seems you would know that information Bball.

Reactions: 2 people
The major concern with Holly is how large majority of players don't get better. They still portray the same weaknesses year after year never improving in areas where their game needs a lot of improvement. Another class moving up to sophomores and a lot of improvement needed in several areas will be watching to see if any of it becomes a reality.

What I will be looking for"

Davis more physical and aggressive on defense and offense. Better handle with the ball. Consistent outside shooting.

Westbrook better perimeter shooter, better handle she was weak with her left hand, better penetration and dish to open perimeter.

Hayes much better perimeter shooter, better passer, better decision maker.

KK better physical condition, better movement without the ball. Better post moves.

If these players can improve these weaknesses Holly will look like a better coach whether she had anything to do with it or not. Hopefully the players are self starters and are eager to improve on their weaknesses. If they are not up to the coach to get them motivated to do so.

With all of your statistics on why Holly is a bad coach, it seems you would know that information Bball.

I know little about the incoming freshmen. Can Green, Massengill or Burrell shoot from deep?

Of the returning players we have:
Rennia Davis-shot 25/76 from 3 this year, 32.9%. Her form doesn't strike me as a knock down shooter. It's a good weapon in her arsenal, but I don't think she should be taking a ton of perimeter shots, she's best suited midrange and in.

Evina Westbrook-shot 27/85 from 3, 31.8%. I like her form more and I think if she rests up and moves off the ball she could be a more efficient perimeter shooter. Needs to work on this a lot in the off season though.

Anastasia Hayes-shot 10/47 from 3, 21.3%. Needs a lot of work on her 3. Form is there, just needs reps and confidence. I don't expect her to magically turn into a perimeter threat in one off season though.

Meme Jackson-shot 50/140 from 3, 35.7%. Had her best showings against weak teams (Long Beach State, Arkansas, Liberty, ETSU)....in conference play she shot under 30% from 3. I was not all that impressed with her form to be honest. Percentages against quality teams needs to improve.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back